BOULDER, Colo., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Encision Inc. (ECIA:PK), a medical device company owning patented surgical technology that prevents stray electrosurgical burns in minimally invasive surgery, today announced that Patrick Pace, M.D, was named as Encision's non-executive Chairman of the Board. Dr. Pace has been a director of Encision's board since April 2012 and has served, and will continue to serve, on the nominating committee.
"Pat's medical insight, investment community expertise and leadership skills are very valuable to Encision, our shareholders and our employees," said Fred Perner, Encision's CEO.
"I am honored to be named chairman of Encision's board," said Dr. Pace. "Encision's technology and innovation in the medical device industry prevent stray electrosurgical burns that help save patient's lives, and does so in a cost-effective manner in today's changing healthcare environment."
Dr. Pace is an Advisor to EDG Partners, a healthcare focused private equity firm. Dr. Pace's background includes over 10 years of financial experience in the healthcare sector. From 2009 to 2011, he was a Managing Director at Citadel Securities, where he was part of the inaugural team that helped launch the firm's investment banking and credit sales and trading efforts. In this capacity, he provided credit analysis for the healthcare sector. From 2006 to 2009, he was a Vice President at AIG Investments, where he focused on healthcare investments in the high yield bond market. From 2001 to 2006, Dr. Pace held various positions at UBS, including serving as Senior Analyst in equity research covering the medical device sector from 2003 to 2006. Dr. Pace also serves as Chairman of the board of directors for Nanospectra Biosciences, Inc., a privately held medical device company. Dr. Pace holds an M.D. from the University of Texas Medical School – Ho
SOURCE Encision Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Encision Reports First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013 Results
2. Encision Reports Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013 Results
3. Encision Reports 10% Product Revenue Increase in Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013 Results
4. Encision Inc. and Virtual Ports Ltd. Announce Exclusive Distribution Agreement for Laparoscopic Surgery Devices
5. Encision Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
6. Encision to Release First Quarter 2013 Results on July 31, 2013
7. Encision Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2014 Results
8. DiversityInc Names Lilly a Top Company for Diversity
9. Axis Global Logistics Names Mr. Thomas Brennan, Vice President Strategic Accounts & Life Sciences
10. Watson Names Lisa DeFrancesco Vice President, Global Investor Relations
11. myMatrixx Names Craig Rollins, Vice President of Ancillary and Business Development