GBI Research's analysis shows that generics accounted for over 60% of the volume of the pharmaceutical market in 2011. Government reforms have encouraged the manufacture and use of generic drugs as a tool to limit drug expenditure and provide low-cost effective public healthcare. The combination of government healthcare policies and numerous active generic manufacturing companies points to an increased generic market share in the forecast period.
Scope - Overall pharmaceutical and outsourcing market structure in South Africa
- Market characterization, including market size, major regulatory bodies, pricing and reimbursement issues, major distribution channels, and intellectual property rights
- Contract Research Organization (CRO) market growth
- Analysis of the leading segments within the South African pharmaceutical industry
- Key drivers and restraints impacting the market
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies in the pharmaceutical and CRO markets in South Africa
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. The 113th Canton Fair: "Great Opportunities for Emerging Markets"
2. Emerging Growth Pharmaceutical Company Creates Gravitational Pull Towards Their Products
3. Cumberland Emerging Technologies Expands Life Sciences Center
4. Innovative CA Tumor Marker Tests Technologies and Emerging Markets
5. Emerging Data on USL261 (Intranasal Midazolam) to Be Presented at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society
6. Innovative Hematology and Flow Cytometry Technologies and Emerging Markets
7. Henry Schein Announces Featured Speakers For The "Recovery Empowerment Symposium: Emerging From The Storm"
8. Cepheid Announces Executive Vice President Emerging Markets
9. Emerging Pharma Catalysts: H2 2012
10. As Medical Device Sales Jump in Emerging Markets, Organizations Embrace Outsourcing Clinical Activities
11. Agricultural Biotechnology: Emerging Technologies and Global Markets