TEL AVIV, Israel, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Elbit Imaging Ltd. ("EI" or the "Company") (TASE, NASDAQ: EMITF) announced today that it has received a letter from Bank Leumi le-Israel B.M. (the "Bank") demanding repayment within ten days of the outstanding balance of approximately $14.1 million (approximately NIS 52 million) due primarily under the loans made by the Bank to the Company (the "Loans"). The Bank stated that it was taking this action in light of the Company's current financial condition and the Company having informed the Bank that it would not be making the upcoming payment to the Bank on March 29, 2013 of principal and interest due under the Loans. The Bank also informed the Company that it had placed a freeze on certain accounts maintained by the Company with the Bank in which the Company holds cash and trading securities in the amount of approximately NIS 13 million ("Leumi Accounts") until the outstanding amounts due are repaid. The Bank has also notified the Company that should such repayment will not be made within ten days the Bank is preserving his rights to take all actions necessary in order to protect his rights under the loan agreements including offsetting any amounts in the Leumi accounts against the Loans.
About Elbit Imaging Ltd.
Elbit Imaging Ltd. operates in the following principal fields of business: (i) Commercial and Entertainment Centers - Initiation, construction and sale of shopping and entertainment centers and other mixed-use real property projects, predominantly in the retail sector, located in Central and Eastern Europe and in India, primarily through its subsidiary Plaza Centers N.V. In certain circumstances and depending on market conditions, we operate and manage commercial and entertainment centers prior to their sale; (ii) U.S. Real Property - Investment in commercial real property in
SOURCE Elbit Imaging Ltd.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Elbit Imaging Reaches an Understanding Regarding a Proposed Debt Restructuring
2. Elbit Imaging to Suspend Interest Payments to All Note Holders
3. Elbit Imaging Ltd. Announces InSightecs ExAblate Neuro System Awarded European CE Mark for Non-invasive Treatment of Neurological Disorders in the Brain
4. Elbit Imaging Ltd. Announces Standard & Poors Maalot Changes Rating of Companys Notes
5. Elbit Imaging Ltd. Announces Second Quarter Results for 2012
6. Espérez-en plus : Ziehm Imaging participe à lECR 2013
7. Philips Delivers New Innovations to Make Imaging Accessible to More Patients
8. Espera más: Ziehm Imaging en ECR 2013
9. X-pect More: Ziehm Imaging at ECR 2013
10. Texas A&M Research Contributes To Improved Ultrasound Imaging
11. Radiology Services Online Offers Imaging Solution for Patient Information Systems