FLINT, Mich., Aug. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Diplomat, the nation's largest independent specialty pharmacy, has been selected as one of two winners in the 2014 Innovations in Specialty Pharmacy Competition, held by Specialty Pharmacy Solutions, LLC. The results of the competition were announced in the August 2014 issue of Specialty Pharmacy News.
Diplomat was honored as a Top Innovator for their Diplomat University Education & Training program. Through Diplomat University, the company has implemented a large scale training program that is customizable for both internal and external audiences. From 'Specialty Pharmacy 101' to the basics of partnerships to injection training, Diplomat has a curriculum in place to meet the needs of a variety of clients. This innovation has positioned Diplomat to be a leader in the industry in knowledge with the unique perspective of a strong clinical foundation, cementing the company's place in a sector that is continuing to evolve and expand.
"We are thrilled to be chosen as a top innovator in specialty pharmacy," stated Jennifer Hagerman, Senior Director of Education & Quality at Diplomat. "Diplomat University provides an opportunity for us to share our knowledge and expertise and continue to strengthen our position as a thought leader in the specialty pharmacy industry."
The annual competition seeks to identify, select and showcase US based specialty pharmacies moving the industry forward through the development of innovative strategies, services, tools and business concepts. Specialty pharmacies across the country were invited to submit their innovations for consideration by a blind panel of industry experts. The panel was comprised of William Sullivan, Specialty Pharmacy Solutions principal consultant, Angela Maas, Specialty Pharmacy News managing editor, and Ho
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Diplomat signs agreement with oncology management firm Physician Resource Management, Inc. as preferred specialty pharmacy network provider
2. Diplomat expands infusion specialty services with acquisition of MedPro Rx Inc.
3. Diplomat expands hemophilia specialty services with acquisition of American Homecare Federation
4. Diplomats CEO and CFO to co-present at J.P. Morgans Annual Healthcare Conference
5. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Honored By Inc. Magazine as One Of The Nations Fastest-Growing Companies for Fourth Consecutive Year
6. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacys 2012 Physician Satisfaction Survey Results Affirm Success of Companys Education & Training Program
7. Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy Promotes Dr. Atheer Kaddis to Sr. Vice President of Sales and Marketing
8. Transportation Insight Honored Again as Top 100 3PL by Inbound Logistics Magazine
9. CSSi President Chris Trizna is Honored for Inspirational Leadership and Entrepreneurship - Named One of the PharmaVOICE 100 Most Inspiring Individuals in the Life-Sciences Industry
10. Dignity Health St. Marys Medical Center Honored with Quality Achievement Award for Stroke Care
11. Galdermas global leader honored with a "Lifetime in Dermatology Achievement Award" by Journal of Drugs in Dermatology