RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chimerix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company developing novel, oral antivirals in areas of high unmet medical need, today released data from presentations at the BMT Tandem Meetings supporting the broad spectrum antiviral activity and emerging safety profile of CMX001. CMX001 is an oral nucleotide lipid-conjugate anticipated to start a Phase 3 study later this year.
"These findings demonstrate CMX001's potential to be a safe and efficacious broad-spectrum antiviral for the treatment of double-stranded DNA viral infections," said M. Michelle Berrey , MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer of Chimerix. "As we progress CMX001 into a Phase 3 study for the prevention of cytomegalovirus infection in adults undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, these data support our desire to conduct additional clinical studies to evaluate the potential benefit of CMX001 against other double-stranded DNA viruses, including BK virus."
These data were presented during the Allogeneic Transplants Poster Session at the BMT Tandem Meetings in Salt Lake City on Saturday, February 16, 2013.
The three presentations included:
Renal Safety of the Broad-Spectrum Antiviral, CMX001, in the Prevention of Cytomegalovirus Infection Post-Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT)
Renal safety of CMX001 was assessed during Study 201, a Phase 2 study evaluating CMX001 for the prevention of CMV infection following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). A prospective analysis found that placebo recipients experienced a decline in renal function during the randomized treatment period, while there appeared to be a dose-related improvement in renal function for the CMX001-treated subjects. The comparison between pooled placebo and the gro
SOURCE Chimerix, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. Dr. Diana Bianchi Presents Data Demonstrating Verinata Healths Proprietary Technology Detects Genetic Abnormalities In Twin Pregnancies
2. Rockwell Medical Announces Iron Delivery Drug SFP Meets Primary Endpoint in PRIME Clinical Study Demonstrating Statistically Significant 37% Reduction in ESA Dose
3. IDEV Announces Results from Revascularization with Supera on Real World Patients (RESTORE) Study, Demonstrating Positive Clinical Outcomes in Significantly Diseased Patients with Long Lesions
4. SafeCode Drug Technologies Launches New Website With Product Video Demonstrating the Worlds Next Generation Application for Drug Safety Administration
5. Watson Applauds GPhA Study Demonstrating $1 Trillion in Prescription Drug Savings from Generic Medicines
6. Patient Safety, Science and Technology Summit Inspires Healthcare Industry Stakeholders to Action in Pursuit of 0 Preventable Patient Deaths by 2020
7. FDA Grants 510(k) clearance for new Fluke Biomedical ESA615 Electrical Safety Analyzer
8. Zebra Technologies Connects the Dots Between the Patient Experience and Safety
9. Seven Denver Area Hospitals Join Colorado Health Information Exchange To Support Advancements In Health Care Quality & Safety
10. Cognizant Recognized as a Leader in Life Science Drug Safety Services in IDC MarketScape
11. Radiation Detection, Monitoring & Safety Market (Geiger Counter, Ionization Chamber, Scintillator, Terahertz detector, Dosimeter, Environment Monitor, Shield, Lead Apron, Eyewear & Glove) - Competitive Analysis & Global Forecasts to 2017