HOUSTON, Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cyberonics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYBX) today announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved its re-designed AspireHC (High Capacity) generator, which was the subject of a voluntary product withdrawal in August 2011.
"We are pleased that the FDA was able to complete its review in approximately 60 days, enabling us to resume our limited commercial release of the AspireHC generator in the United States," said Dan Moore, Cyberonics' President and Chief Executive Officer. "With the CE Mark approval announced in December and a recently obtained Canadian approval, we will also resume the limited commercial release in Europe and initiate a limited commercial release in Canada. The AspireHC generator addresses a need among some patients for a device with a higher capacity battery and also provides a platform for the AspireSR™ seizure response generator, which is the subject of our E-36 clinical trial in Europe. We anticipate submission of the re-designed AspireSR generator for ethics committee and competent authority approvals for the E-36 clinical trial no later than the end of our fiscal year in April 2012."
About Cyberonics, Inc. and the VNS Therapy® System
Cyberonics, Inc. is a medical technology company with core expertise in neuromodulation. The company developed and markets the VNS Therapy System, which is FDA-approved for the treatment of refractory epilepsy and treatment-resistant depression. The VNS Therapy System uses a surgically implanted medical device that delivers pulsed electrical signals to the vagus nerve. Cyberonics markets the VNS Therapy System in selected markets worldwide.
Additional information on Cyberonics and the VNS Therapy System is available at www.cyberonics.com'/>"/>
SOURCE Cyberonics, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cyberonics Receives FDA Approval for Expansion of MRI Use With VNS Therapy® Systems
2. Cyberonics Announces Resignation of James A. Reinstein, Senior Vice President & Chief Commercial Officer
3. Cyberonics Announces Investment in ImThera Medical
4. Cyberonics to Participate in 2011 UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
5. Cyberonics Reports Fiscal 2012 First Quarter Results
6. Cyberonics to Report Fiscal Year 2012 First Quarter Results and Host Conference Call on August 25, 2011
7. Cyberonics Reports Record Fiscal 2011 Results and Provides Fiscal 2012 Guidance
8. Cyberonics to Participate in 2011 Jefferies Global Healthcare Conference
9. Cyberonics Reports Strong Fiscal 2011 Third Quarter Results and Increases Guidance
10. Cyberonics to Report Fiscal Year 2011 Third Quarter Results and Host Conference Call on March 2, 2011
11. Cyberonics to Present at 22nd Annual Piper Jaffray Health Care Conference