Eliot Forster , CEO of Creabilis, said: "We are excited by the results seen in this Phase 2b trial. In particular, the benefits of CT327 in treating pruritus are very encouraging and take us closer to the market in an indication with no currently available treatments. We anticipate further clinical development activity, targeting pruritus, in the near term. CT327 will represent a breakthrough for patients and doctors alike, both of whom currently struggle to deal with this distressing condition."
David Roblin , CMO of Creabilis, said: "Pruritus is a debilitating yet under-recognised symptom in psoriasis and in other dermatological and systemic diseases. It has a significant impact on patients' quality of life and is currently poorly treated. There are no licensed products available, nor an established standard of care. There is a significant unmet need for a targeted treatment of chronic pruritus that combines efficacy with a good safety profile. In this study, up to 77% of CT327 treated patients had no or mild pruritus by the end of therapy. Combined with its outstanding safety profile, CT327 has the potential to provide a great benefit to patients."
About the Trial
The trial was a randomised, double-blind placebo controlled dose finding study of the efficacy and safety of a CT327 ointment at 0.05%, 0.1% and 0.5% w/w administered twice daily for eight weeks. One hundred and sixty patients with mild to moderate psoriasis were recruited. The study endpoints were IGA (Investigator Global Assessment), pruritus (VAS), mPASI and adverse event reports. Full data are expected to be presented at a scientific meeting later in 2013.
About Creabilis SA
Creabilis is a late clinical stage European biotechnology company with corporate and R&D functions spread across the UK and Italy
SOURCE Creabilis SA
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Creabilis Awarded Prestigious European Commission FP7 Grant to Further Develop its LSE Topical-by-Design Technology
2. Omeros Announces $16.2 Million Registered Direct Offering of Common Stock
3. Allscripts announces first quarter 2013 results
4. The MED Group Announces New Agreement with CareCentrix Effective May 1, 2013
5. ASSA ABLOY Door Group Announces RF Shielding Openings
6. APHY announces new store openings as part of major expansion
7. NxStage Announces Second Quarter 2013 Investor Conference Schedule
8. Pro-Dex, Inc. Announces Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Financial Results Conference Call and Webcast
9. Parametrics Medical, LLC Announces the Release of Their Coll-e-Strong Line of Soft Tissue Allografts
10. Sequenom Announces Participation At The Bank Of America Merrill Lynch Health Care Conference
11. GW Pharmaceuticals plc Announces the Closing of its Initial Public Offering on the Nasdaq Global Market