PRINCETON, N.J. and FT. MYERS, Fla., Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Covance Inc. (NYSE: CVD), one of the world's largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, and NeoGenomics, Inc. (NASDAQ: NEO), a leading provider of oncology-focused genetics testing services, today announced a strategic collaboration to jointly provide anatomic pathology and specialty laboratory testing services for global clinical trials.
Through the alliance, Covance's clients will gain access to fully integrated anatomic pathology and histology (APH) services, including immunohistochemistry (IHC), fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH), and molecular testing. Covance will establish a laboratory at NeoGenomics' Fort Myers, Fla. facility and, together with NeoGenomics, will provide a full range of APH, tissue-based biomarkers and other specialty testing services. The companies will then expand joint capabilities globally at Covance's central laboratory locations in Shanghai, China; Geneva, Switzerland; and Singapore.
As part of the alliance, Covance will have access to NeoGenomics' extensive medical and scientific networks, which includes more than 500 pathologists. NeoGenomics gains access to Covance's broad market reach, established client relationships, and extensive clinical trials experience. The alliance will provide seamless global testing services supporting oncology and companion diagnostics strategies for biopharmaceutical firms around the world.
"The collaboration with NeoGenomics will offer our clients fully integrated anatomic pathology services from sample preparation, staining and imaging, to pathology interpretation by leading pathologists, in an end-to-end manner," said
SOURCE Covance Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Covance To Present At The Credit Suisse Healthcare Conference
2. Covance Reports Third Quarter Net Revenue Of $607 Million, Pro Forma EPS Of $0.83 And Adjusted Net Orders Of $732 Million
3. Covance Launches Managed Markets Services
4. Financial Results, Earnings Schedules, Quarterly Dividends, and Top Rankings - Research Report on Quest Diagnostics, PerkinElmer, PAREXEL, Covance, and ICON
5. Covance Inc. Invites You to Join the Webcast of Its Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results Conference Call
6. Covance Reports Second Quarter Net Revenue of $592 Million, Pro Forma EPS of $0.78 and Record Adjusted Net Orders of $776 Million
7. Covance Central Laboratory Services Again Ranks #1 in Global Investigator Satisfaction Survey
8. Covance To Present At The Goldman Sachs 34th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
9. Covance Reports First Quarter Net Revenue Growth Of 9.3% To $580 Million, Pro Forma EPS Of $0.75 And Adjusted Net Orders Of $716 Million
10. Covance Expands Singapore Central Laboratory by 50 Percent to Meet Clients Increased Asia Pacific Focus
11. Covance Inc. Invites You to Join the Webcast of Its First Quarter 2013 Financial Results Conference Call