Technology Intended to Improve Outcome of Intrauterine Insemination and In Vitro Fertilization Procedures
LA JOLLA, Calif., June 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cordex Pharma, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: CDXP) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Clinical Trials International, LLC, (CTI), regarding a license to develop and market Cordex's drug candidate, ATPotent(TM).
ATPotent(TM) is a novel ATP-based drug candidate designed for in vitro (outside of the human body) treatment of sperm in conjunction with intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures. ATPotent(TM) is based on Cordex's proprietary technologies related to the use of adenosine 5'-triphosphate (ATP) for improving human and animal sperm motility and fertilization capacity.
According to the agreement, CTI has obtained exclusive rights for the clinical development and marketing of ATPotent(TM) in the European Union (EU) as well as Russia and Ukraine. CTI intends to initiate with Cordex's scientific support a proof-of-concept clinical trial in Italy later this year, the end-point of which is expected to be increased pregnancy rate in IUI procedures prescribed for couples with male infertility due to asthenozoospermia (i.e., low or lack of sperm motility). Cordex will have access to the clinical data to be obtained in this study to support the development of ATPotent(TM) in the rest of the world.
Male factor infertility is implicated in about half of the six million infertile couples in the United States. Lack of, or low sperm motility or movement, is a common cause of human male infertility. It has been reported in the medical literature that the prevalence of asthenozoospermia in infertile men is approximately 82 percent. Currently, there is no FDA-approved drug that enhances sperm motility.
Cordex has sponsored studies at the
SOURCE Cordex Pharma, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cordex Pharma Announces Strategic Master Services Equity Agreement With Cato BioVentures
2. Duska Therapeutics Completes Corporate Name Change to Cordex Pharma
3. Two-Year Data Show Patients Receiving SIMPONI(TM) (golimumab) Experienced Sustained Improvement in Signs and Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis
4. VivoMetrics(R) Introduces Next Generation LifeShirt Prototype, a Smart Garment That Delivers Real-time Vital Signs Remotely to Healthcare Providers
5. Moffitt Cancer Center Signs Licensing Agreement with Frantz BioMarkers, LLC
6. Perceptive Informatics Survey Results Reveal Top Barriers to Implementing Adaptive Trial Designs
7. Optigenex Inc. Signs New License and Distribution Agreement With Itochu Corporation of Japan
8. MultiCell Technologies Signs Liver Stem Cell R&D Agreement To Develop Products for the Study of Liver Cancer
9. Cephalon Signs Option Agreement to Acquire Ception Therapeutics
10. Vical Signs Binding Letter of Intent for Sales and Marketing of Allovectin-7(R) in Turkey
11. CIMZIA(R) (Certolizumab Pegol) Provides Rapid and Sustained Relief from Signs and Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis for Two Years