ATLANTA, June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- CorMatrix® Cardiovascular, a medical device company dedicated to developing and delivering unique extracellular matrix (ECM) biomaterial devices that harness the body's innate ability to repair damaged cardiovascular tissue, announced today it has received CE mark for its CorMatrix ECM for Cardiac Tissue Repair. With this designation, CorMatrix is now able to market this product in European Union countries.
"This CE mark will allow surgeons in Europe to expand their use of CorMatrix ECM to patients needing cardiac tissue repair," said Beecher Lewis, President and Chief Operating Officer, CorMatrix. "We believe this additional indication will allow us to significantly expand our presence outside of the United States and drive growth in key markets."
CorMatrix's ECM for Cardiac Tissue Repair is used to repair heart structures during open heart surgery – such as closing a hole in the heart (known as atrial septal defect or ASD). During surgery, CorMatrix ECM is sutured onto the heart tissue in need of repair. It then serves as a scaffold, enabling the body's own cells to infiltrate and ultimately replace and remodel the implanted ECM with native tissue. The anatomy is restored naturally through the course of the body's innate wound healing process. It works differently than other available surgical materials, as CorMatrix ECM allows for repair of damaged tissue without leaving permanent synthetic or foreign materials in the body, which can result in unwanted effects.
"Through my experience using CorMatrix ECM for pericardial closure procedures, we've seen that it supports native tissue repair and provides favorable outcomes for patients," said Prof. Giovanni Ste
SOURCE CorMatrix Cardiovascular, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. CorMatrix(R) Announces Intramyocardial Injection of Emulsified ECM Technology(TM) Demonstrates Enhanced Angiogenesis and Improved Cardiac Function in a Preclinical Model
2. CorMatrix Announces Publication of Pre-Clinical Data in Journal of American College of Cardiology (JACC) Demonstrating the Role of CorMatrix ECM(TM) Technology in Remodeling Cardiac Tissue
3. Reclast(R) Receives US FDA Approval as First and Only Once-Yearly Treatment for Women With Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
4. Indevus Receives Approvable Letter From FDA for VALSTAR(R) for Bladder Cancer Therapy
5. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Clearance to Resume Clinical Trials for XIAFLEX(TM)
6. Abbott Receives Supplemental FDA Approval for its Best-in-Class in Sensitivity RealTime HIV-1 Viral Load Test
7. GlaxoSmithKline Receives New HHS Order for H5N1 Bulk Antigen. First North American Clinical Trials with GSKs Candidate Pre-pandemic Flu Vaccine to Start.
8. CryoCor Receives FDA Approval for Right Atrial Flutter
9. Ranbaxy Receives Approval to Manufacture and Market Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets USP
10. Dimericine(R) Receives FDA Fast Track Designation for Treatment Of Photosensitivity in XP Patients
11. Poniard Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Fast Track Designation for Picoplatin for Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer