BEDFORD, Mass., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hologic, Inc. (Hologic or the Company) (NASDAQ: HOLX), a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics products, medical imaging systems and surgical products, with an emphasis on serving the healthcare needs of women, recently expanded its extensive array of interventional and imaging solutions for breast health with the launch of the world's first 3D breast biopsy option. This technology was developed for the Company's Affirm upright breast biopsy guidance system, which is used in conjunction with the Selenia Dimensions 2D and 3D mammography systems.
The Affirm 3D biopsy procedure is designed for the localization and accurate targeting of regions of interest and is especially important for targeting lesions not always detected in 2D images or when using other modalities. This new biopsy technique has numerous advantages over traditional stereotactic biopsy procedures, including faster lesion targeting and reduced patient procedure time. In addition, the Affirm system is pre-programmed for use with the Company's Eviva and ATEC vacuum-assisted breast biopsy devices, providing easy integration of these best-in-class products.In June 2013, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC became the first facility in the nation to perform a tomosynthesis biopsy, a significant milestone for this new technology. Dr. Jules Sumkin, Chief of Radiology at Magee, performed the Affirm 3D biopsy procedure using the Eviva device. Additional information about this ground-breaking procedure can be found by following this link to the UPMC newsroom."The Affirm 3D biopsy option is an important addition to our product portfolio," says Dave D
SOURCE Hologic, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Questcor to Initiate Pilot Commercialization Effort In Pulmonology for Symptomatic Sarcoidosis
2. Global Good and AUCMA Partner to Commercialize Vaccine Storage Invention for Developing Countries
3. Tom Dugan Joins SurgiQuest, Inc. as President and Chief Commercialization Officer
4. Ambrx and Zhejiang Medicine Co. Ltd. Form Collaboration to Develop and Commercialize Ambrxs Antibody Drug Conjugate for Breast Cancer
5. Bristol-Myers Squibb and Simcere Enter Partnership to Co-Develop and Co-Commercialize Orencia(R) SC (abatacept) in China
6. Quantum Materials Tetrapod Quantum Dots Break Kashas Rule: Enhanced Performance Enables Commercialization of Novel Discovery
7. SI-BONE, Inc. annuncia la pubblicazione dei dati sulla sicurezza della sorveglianza post-commercializzazione per i primi 5.319 pazienti trattati con il sistema di impianto iFuse Implant System
8. Agendia Appoints Peter W. Schineller as Chief Commercial Officer
9. Oncothyreon and Array Announce Collaboration to Develop and Commercialize anti-HER2 Compound ARRY-380
10. Type 2 Diabetes Control Worsening, According To Study Of Patients On Commercial Insurance
11. National Patient Advocate Foundations Annual Capitol Hill Briefing Focuses on Patient Access Barriers to Life-Saving Medicines Placed on Specialty Tiers by Commercial Insurance Plans and Medicare