About Riverain Medical
Riverain Medical, LLC is a privately-held medical software technology company headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, specializing in computer-aided detection (CAD) of diseases, such as lung cancer. The company's staff is comprised of seasoned medical advisors, regulatory and quality analysts, programmers, and managers that have spent their entire careers in healthcare. Riverain's ownership and management team have extensive experience in the medical products industry, with an emphasis on research and development and the successful commercialization of medical technologies.
Riverain has introduced the first FDA-PMA approved chest X-ray CAD
product. Using conventional chest X-rays, Riverain's OnGuard(TM) system
assists radiologists in identifying features associated with solitary
pulmonary nodules that could represent early-stage lung cancer and require
(1) American Cancer Society Facts & Figures 2007
(2) National Institutes of Standards and Technology, an agency of the
U.S. Commerce Department's Technology Administration
(3) Riverain Medical 2001 Clinical Trial for Food and Drug Administration
(4) Li, F., Engelmann, R., Metz, C. & et al (2007). Results Obtained by
a Commercial computer-aided Detection (CAD) Program with Radiologist
Missed Lung Cancer on Chest Radiographs. Radiology. In Press.
(5) White, C., Flukinger, T. & Jeudy, J. (2006). Use of a Computer-Aided
Detection System To Detect Missed Lung Cancer on Chest Radiographs.
Radiology Society of North America.
(6) Kvale, P.A. (2006). Chronic cough due to lung
|SOURCE Cleveland Clinic and Riverain Medical|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved