The 'Ride Against TB' campaign was announced at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) annual meeting and Clinical Lab Expo in Houston on July 30th. Highlighting the announcement was the unveil of the 'Ride Against TB' motorcycle designed by Paul Teutul Jr., who built his reputation for innovation and creativity through his starring role on the popular TV show 'American Chopper'.
The winner of the new PJD bike will be announced publicly at a World TB Day event to take place in New York on March 24, 2014. At the event, the total funds raised to benefit the American Lung Association will also be announced.
"The American Lung Association was founded in 1904 to fight tuberculosis," said Harold P. Wimmer, National President and CEO of the American Lung Association. "Despite popular misconceptions that TB is a disease of the past, it continues to pose a threat to public health. A century ago, TB was a leading cause of death in the United States. In the U.S., tuberculosis disease and deaths have declined steadily from the early 1900s due largely to the introduction of effective antibiotics and improvements in living conditions. Our goal is to raise public awareness of the need for improved diagnosis and treatment options for lung disease patients and to increase access to appropriate health care for all."
For information about the American Lung Association and its fight against lung disease, please visit www.Lung.org. For more information about Cepheid's 'Ride Against TB' campaign and the complete list of rules for the 'Ride Against TB' sweepstakes, visit www.Facebook.com/RideAgainstTB.
About CepheidBased in Sunnyvale, Calif.'/>"/>
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cepheid Receives FDA Market Authorization for Xpert MTB/RIF
2. Cepheid and American Lung Association Partner for Tuberculosis Awareness in U.S.
3. Cepheid Schedules 2013 First Quarter Results Announcement And Webcast
4. Cepheid Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Results
5. Cepheid Announces Executive Vice President Emerging Markets
6. Cepheid to Webcast Upcoming Financial Presentations
7. Natus Neurology Incorporated Receives 510(k) & Health Canada Clearance And Launches New Electrodiagnostic System In U.S. & Canada
8. PennWell Launches New Event on Bringing Biophotonics to Market
9. Wolters Kluwer Health Launches Nursing Drug Handbook Specialty Apps
10. CVS Caremarks Accordant Health Services Launches New Member-Focused Web Site
11. MO BIO Laboratories, Inc. launches a new kit for isolation of viral nucleic acids from environmental samples