(3) In 2010, to exclude charges related to the acquisition of Mepha GmbH, Mesoblast Limited and ChemGenex Pharmaceuticals Limited ($5.0M, $3.0M and $0.2M, respectively). In 2009, to exclude charges related to the acquisition of Arana Therapeutics Limited ($0.2M).
(4) In 2010, to exclude the change in fair value of the Ception Therapeutics, Inc. (-$0.3M) and BioAssets Development Corporation ($0.5M) contingent consideration.
(5) To exclude costs related to restructurings.
(6) In 2009, to exclude the impairment of our investment in SymBio Pharmaceuticals Limited.
(7) In 2010, to exclude the acquisition of worldwide license rights to Mesoblast Limited's proprietary technology platform.
(8) To exclude imputed interest expense associated with convertible debt.
(9) In 2010, to exclude the change in fair value of our investment in Mesoblast Limited ($12.0M), offset by the change in fair value of our investment in ChemGenex Pharmaceuticals Limited ($4.1M).
(10) In 2010, to exclude a gain on foreign exchange of Australian Dollar acquisition funds ($2.0M) and proceeds received in a settlement ($6.5M).
(11) To reflect the tax effect of pre-tax adjustments at applicable tax rates and certain other tax adjustments primarily related to changes in valuation allowances and other changes in tax assets and liabilities.
CEPHALON, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIESReconciliation of GAAP Net Income to Adjusted Net Income Attributable to Cephalon, Inc.(Unaudited)Year EndedDecember 31,20102009GAAP NET INCOME ATTRIBUTABLE TO CEPHALON, INC.
$ 425,745 $ 342,627 Cost of sales adjustments
(1)Research and development adjustments
(2)Selling, general and administrative adjustments
(3)Change in fair value of contingent
|SOURCE Cephalon, Inc.|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved