WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J., March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrity chef and cookbook author, Chef Leticia Moreinos Schwartz, is partnering with Merck on Cuida tu Diabetes, Cuida tu Corazon (Taking Diabetes to Heart) to educate Hispanics living with type 2 diabetes about including small, but important changes in their lifestyle. Chef Leticia will visit select cities to show the Hispanic community how to make traditional dishes healthy, without compromising taste, and help educate people with type 2 diabetes about how they can live a diabetes-friendly lifestyle.
"My grandfather died from complications from his type 2 diabetes so I know how important it is for people living with type 2 diabetes to manage their disease to help reduce their risk of serious complications, such as heart disease and stroke," said Chef Leticia. "In the Hispanic community, we all take to heart our families, our food, our culture, and our community activities, and diabetes impacts all of these aspects of our lives. I'm thrilled to be partnering with Merck on Cuida tu Diabetes, Cuida tu Corazon to provide Hispanics living with type 2 diabetes and their families and caregivers with culturally-relevant resources to help them learn how to live a healthier lifestyle."
One of the more difficult aspects of diabetes management can be adjusting your diet, especially when food is an important aspect of the culture, as it is in the Hispanic community. As part of the program, Chef Leticia will be serving up some of her favorite dishes through cooking demonstrations at the American Diabetes Association's (ADA) Feria de Salud at Calle Ocho event in <
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Wave of Celebrity Support Boosts Global Effort to Eliminate Seven Diseases by 2020
2. Presentation of Possible "Fountain of Youth" Pill Creating "Celebrity" Atmosphere at San Antonio Scientific Conference
3. Shire Regenerative Medicine and HealTogether Partner with Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks to Raise Awareness of Diabetes and its Complications
4. Qmed, the Leading Global MedTech Industry Resource, Partners with Clarimed, to Provide the Medical Manufacturing and Healthcare Industry with FDA Reports on Adverse Events
5. Fuse Science Partners With GNC To Open National Distribution Of EnerJel™
6. Medical Guardian Announces Social Media Partnership with Senior Citizen Charity
7. The ALS Therapy Development Institute Partners with Neurotune to Investigate Potential Treatments for Motor Neuron Disease
8. ClearCanvas Partners With DPR to Offer CaseReader™, an Integrated Technology Structured Reporting Solution for Medical Imaging Professionals
9. VitaTech Adds New Capacity for Production and Customer Interface, Attributes Growth to Strategic Customer Partnerships
10. Bayer Partnership Delivers Industry-First Dose Management Offering
11. HUYA Bioscience International Engages In Partnership With Zhuhai Sanzao Science and Technology Industrial Park