SAN DIEGO, Dec. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CareFusion (NYSE: CFN), a leading, global medical device company, today announced six new Pyxis® medication management products at the 44th American Society for Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition Dec. 6 -10 in Las Vegas.
CareFusion is a leader in medication and supply dispensing technology and its Pyxis products rank number one in user satisfaction ratings by MD Buyline, an independent market research firm.
"The Pyxis products we announced today continue a 20-year tradition of industry leadership and innovation in helping hospitals safely and efficiently manage medication from the pharmacy to the patient bedside," said David Schlotterbeck, chairman and CEO of CareFusion. "We will continue to be a leader in the industry in research and development spending to bring to market solutions that help customers reduce the number of medication errors and costs associated with them."
The new Pyxis technologies are at the forefront of medication management by providing hospitals with new communication channels to help prevent medication errors, free caregiver time to focus on patients, increase medication availability and reduce inefficiencies in the medication-use process. All of CareFusion's new products announced today work in conjunction with the Pyxis® MedStation® system, the industry-leading automated dispensing system supporting decentralized medication management. Products announced today include:
- Pyxis Advisor, a service that extends the CareFusion Guardrails® Suite to the Pyxis MedStation system, alerts the nurse if a medication is implicated in causing an adverse drug event, based on new laboratory data in real time. This capability is an industry first and is an exclusive offering from CareFusion.
- Pyxis Nurse Link, software that consolidates and presents a patient's clinical information -- including medication orders, labs and vitals -- on a PC or hand-held device. Using Pyxis Nurse Link, clinician workflow is streamlined by enabling pre-selection of medications for removal at the Pyxis MedStation system. When combined with Pyxis Advisor, nurses can protect their patients by identifying potential adverse events.
- Pyxis Control Center, software and a server that enable pharmacy and materials management staff to administer all of their Pyxis MedStation and Pyxis® SupplyStation® systems through a single interface anywhere in the hospital or health system network. The Pyxis Control Center can help manage system notifications like stock-out alerts, modify formulary and item master configurations and support regulatory compliance with integrated user management across a multi-hospital health system.
- Benchmarking Services, an enhancement to the CareFusion Knowledge Portal application that launched earlier this year, enable hospitals to compare performance against predetermined metrics across their multiple departments and locations.
- Pyxis MedStation Optimization Service that helps identify inefficiencies and safety risks through on-site clinical consultation, technical expertise and ongoing performance monitoring and maintenance.
- Pyxis® CII Safe(TM) system version 7 secures, tracks and monitors the replenishment of controlled substance inventory in a hospital. This new version helps drive controlled substance safety and compliance with Joint Commission requirements with outdate tracking and bar code scanning to verify the right medication is dispensed.
"We are excited to bring to market new Pyxis dispensing technologies that simplify communication, reduce complexity and help provide a safer care environment for hospitals and their patients," said Tom Leonard, president of dispensing technologies for CareFusion.
The Pyxis Advisor, Pyxis Nurse Link, Pyxis Control Center, Pyxis MedStation Optimization Services and Pyxis CII Safe system version 7 are currently under development or in limited release with anticipated commercial release in Spring 2010.
About CareFusion Corporation
CareFusion (NYSE: CFN) is a global corporation serving the health care industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve the safety and quality of care. The company develops market-leading technologies including Alaris® IV pumps, Pyxis® automated dispensing and patient identification systems, AVEA® and Pulmonetic Systems ventilator products, ChloraPrep® preoperative skin preparation, MedMined(TM) services for infection surveillance, NeuroCare neurological monitoring and diagnostic products, V. Mueller® surgical instruments and an extensive line of products that support interventional medicine. CareFusion employs more than 15,000 people across its global operations. More information may be found at www.carefusion.com.
Related medicine technology :1
. CareFusion Earns Top Ranking in MD Buyline and KLAS Reports2
. CareFusion Will Host An Earnings Conference Call on November 10, 2009 to Discuss the Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 20103
. CareFusion Shipping Ventilators to CDC for National Emergency Preparedness4
. CareFusion Moves First Quarter Earnings Announcement to November 55
. CareFusion Reports First Quarter Results, Raises Full-Year Outlook6
. CareFusion Signs Multi-Year Technology Licensing Agreement for Masimo Rainbow SET(R) Pulse CO-Oximetry(TM)7
. CareFusion Launches Knowledge Portal to Provide Actionable Information Across Product Platforms8
. Dendreon Announces Publication of Phase 1 Study Highlighting Immunologic and Clinical Activity of Lapuleucel-T (Neuvenge(R)) in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients9
. EDAP Announces Launch of Clinical Study Combining HIFU and Chemotherapy for Localized Aggressive High Risk Prostate Cancer10
. Cephalon Announces Positive Results from a Pivotal Study of FENTORA in Opioid-tolerant Patients with Non-cancer Breakthrough Pain11
. ADVENTRX Announces Fast Track Designation Granted By the FDA For CoFactor For the Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer