SAN DIEGO, Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardium Therapeutics (NYSE MKT: CXM) today announced that it has filed a new 510(k) submission for its current FDA-cleared Excellagen® advanced wound care product to reflect additional and specific structural and functional properties of Excellagen based on the Company's supplemental research and development activities.
The new 510(k) submission further characterizes Excellagen as a dermal wound matrix with structural and functional properties that play essential roles in wound healing. Excellagen is a physiologically formulated homogenate of bovine dermal Type I collagen in its native, 3-dimensional fibrillar structural configuration that provides a scaffold for cellular infiltration and wound granulation, and which activates blood platelets that can trigger the release of essential growth factors. The submission is supported by in vitro research findings including electron microscopy data that should allow for more specific labeling to include the unique structural and biological properties of Excellagen and its utilization to potentially enhance platelet activation when used in concert with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. In addition, the Company plans to modify Excellagen's packaging to include individually pouched applicator syringes and a large volume syringe applicator to allow for easier use in larger-sized wounds such as those found in limb salvage, orthopedic surgery and other surgical applications.
"We believe the research data provided to the FDA in our recent 510(k) submission provide further insight into the significantly accelerated and activated healing response seen with our Excellagen advanced wound care product," stated Christopher J. Reinhard<
SOURCE Cardium Therapeutics
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cardium Reports On New Excellagen Distribution Agreement With AvKARE For Veterans Hospitals And Other Governmental Medical Facilities
2. Cardium Completes Preferred Stock Financing
3. Cardium Announces Reverse Stock Split
4. Cardium Announces Initial Voting Results And Temporary Adjournment of Annual Meeting To Be Reconvened On June 21, 2013
5. Cardium Presents First Quarter 2013 Financial Results And Reports On Recent Developments
6. Cardium Announces Generx Publication In Molecular Therapy
7. Cardium Announces Excellagen Presentation at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care Spring 2013 Meeting
8. Cardium Presents Year-End 2012 Financial Results And Recent Developments
9. Cardium Announces $4.0 Million Preferred Stock Financing And Reports On Exchange Listing Compliance
10. Cardium Receives ISO Certification for Excellagen
11. Cardium Announces Presentaton at The 2013 Cell & Gene Therapy Forum