Drug delivery to the cardiovascular system is different from delivery to other systems because of the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system; it supplies blood and nutrients to all organs of the body. Drugs can be introduced into the vascular system for systemic effects or targeted to an organ via the regional blood supply. In addition to the usual formulations of drugs such as controlled release, devices are used as well. This report starts with an introduction to molecular cardiology and discusses its relationship to biotechnology and drug delivery systems.
Advances in molecular pathophysiology of cardiovascular diseases have brought gene therapy within the realm of possibility as a novel approach to treatment of these diseases. It is hoped that gene therapy will be less expensive and affordable because the techniques involved are simpler than those involved in cardiac bypass surgery, heart transplantation and stent implantation. Gene therapy would be a more physiologic approach to deliver vasoprotective molecules to the site of vascular lesion. Gene therapy is not only a sophisticated method of drug delivery; it may at time need drug delivery devices such as catheters for transfer of genes to various parts of the cardiovascular system.
The cardiovascular drug delivery markets are estimated for the years 2016 to 2026 on the basis of epidemiology and total markets for cardiovascular therapeutics. The estimates take into consideration the anticipated advances and availability of various technologies, particularly drug delivery devices in the future. Markets for drug-eluting stents are calculated separately. Role of drug delivery in developing cardiovascular markets is defined and unmet needs in cardiovascular drug delivery technologies are identified.
Selected 82 companies that either develop technologies for drug delivery to the cardiovascular system or products using these technologies are profiled and 80 collaborations between companies are tabulated. The bibliography includes 200 selected references from recent literature on this topic. The report is supplemented with 30 tables and 8 figures.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Cardiovascular Diseases
2. Methods for Drug Delivery to the Cardiovascular System
3. Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Disorders
4. Gene Therapy for Cardiovascular Disorders
5. Drug-Eluting Stents
6. Markets for Cardiovascular Drug Delivery
7. Companies involved in Cardiovascular Drug Delivery
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5c8df5/cardiovascular
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cardiovascular-drug-delivery-report-2016-2017--2026-technologies-markets-and-companies---82-companies--80-collaborations---research-and-markets-300400587.html
Related medicine technology :
1. Sanifit Announces Enrollment of First Patient in CaLIPSO - a Phase IIb Study for the Treatment of Cardiovascular Calcification in End-Stage-Renal-Disease Patients on Haemodialsis
2. Site-Specific Drug Delivery Market, By Application (Pulmonary, Ocular, Oncology, CNS, Cardiovascular) - World Forecasts to 2022
3. Global Cardiovascular Devices Market Forecast 2017-2027
4. FDA approves Jardiance to reduce cardiovascular death in adults with type 2 diabetes
5. Lianluo Smart Attended the 2016 Guangdong Sleep Cardiovascular Disease Diagnosis and Treatment New Progress Forum
6. Frost & Sullivan Acclaims TOMTECs Customer Value Enhancement through Integrated Cardiovascular Imaging Workflow Solutions
7. Global Cardiovascular Drug Delivery Technologies, Markets and Companies Report 2016-2025 - Research and Markets
8. Cardiovascular Catheter Market Dominates the Products Market by Occupying a Largest Share of 33.7%
9. Cleveland HeartLab Launches Only Clinical Test for Measuring TMAO, an important measure of Gut Dysfunction Associated with Cardiovascular Disease Risk
10. Cardiovascular Surgery Devices - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2015
11. Cardiovascular Prosthetic Devices - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2015