After analyzing the bench test results, the Company reported its findings to Merck Chimie and both parties agreed that Merck Chimie would undertake technical adjustments to the encapsulation process to meet the specifications. Consistent with the Company's recommendation, Merck Chimie will now encapsulate a second "test batch" of the CardioGenics Beads, incorporating such technical adjustments, and deliver the second "test batch" of the encapsulated CardioGenics Beads to the Company for what the parties anticipate will be the final bench test.
The Company expects to receive the second "test batch" of the encapsulated CardioGenics Beads from Merck Chimie during May, 2010. The Company will shortly thereafter perform its second bench test with those beads and anticipates meeting with Merck Chimie also during May, 2010 to discuss the bench test results and Merck Chimie's efforts for "scaling-up" production of the final encapsulated CardioGenics Beads for commercialization.
While being extremely close to satisfying the jointly developed specification for the commercial product, the Company nevertheless felt that some additional minor technical adjustments were necessary in the encapsulation process in order to optimize performance of the CardioGenics Beads during commercial use.
SOURCE CardioGenics Holdings Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. CardioGenics Holdings Inc. Provides Update on FINRA Submission Regarding Name Change
2. CardioGenics Holdings Inc. Announces Letter to Shareholders
3. CardioGenics Announces Completion of Cartridge Design for QL Care Analyzer
4. CardioGenics Holdings Inc. Featured in Medical Device Daily
5. Dr. Yahia Gawad, CEO of CardioGenics Holdings, Inc., Interviewed in MedTech Executive
6. CardioGenics Provides Update on Agreement with Merck Chimie for Its Silver Coated Paramagnetic Beads
7. Dendreon Announces Publication of Phase 1 Study Highlighting Immunologic and Clinical Activity of Lapuleucel-T (Neuvenge(R)) in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients
8. EDAP Announces Launch of Clinical Study Combining HIFU and Chemotherapy for Localized Aggressive High Risk Prostate Cancer
9. Cephalon Announces Positive Results from a Pivotal Study of FENTORA in Opioid-tolerant Patients with Non-cancer Breakthrough Pain
10. ADVENTRX Announces Fast Track Designation Granted By the FDA For CoFactor For the Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
11. DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc. Announces Successful Phase Ib Results for DOV 21,947