SAN MATEO, Calif., May 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Datameer announced today that Cardinal Health has selected the company to enable data discovery on their big data platform. Datameer gives Cardinal Health's business users the self-service tools they need to quickly and easily visualize and understand data to make meaningful decisions.
A Fortune 19 company, Cardinal Health is one of the world's largest healthcare services companies. It provides pharmaceuticals and medical products to more than 60,000 locations and helps their customers focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and overall quality. With the use of big data and Datameer, Cardinal Health is deploying a next generation data architecture that improves the speed and analysis of large volumes of structured and unstructured information. With this approach, Cardinal is looking to increase the value it delivers to its customers across all business units and enhancements to its organizational agility.
"Healthcare is one of the fastest growing verticals for us and big data in general. Cardinal Health is a perfect example as a large, distributed organization that creates a lot of important data that, if pulled together and analyzed, can really make a difference in people's lives," said Stefan Groschupf , CEO of Datameer. "We're thrilled to be the tool that lets Cardinal Health's business users harness and make sense of their data, which in turn will help improve the lives of their customer's patients."
"When comparing self-service tools for data discovery, Cardinal Health required an option that would meet business users' requirements to view and pivot data in a simple spreadsheet format. To meet scalability needs, we had to have the ability to leverage the Big Data platform for data processing rather than invest in large servers. Datameer met both those requirements," said Neera
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Cardinal Health Will Continue To Supply Pharmaceuticals To CVS Caremark Corporation
2. Cardinal Health Foundation Invites Local Non-profit Organizations To Apply For Grants To Prevent Prescription Drug Abuse
3. Cardinal Health To Release Third-Quarter Results For Fiscal Year 2013 On May 2
4. Cardinal Health Foundation, The Ohio State University Launch Fourth Toolkit to Help Reduce Abuse of Prescription Drugs on College Campuses
5. Pharmaceutical Distribution Agreement Between Cardinal Health And Walgreens To End August 2013
6. Cardinal Health Completes Acquisition Of AssuraMed, Leading Direct-To-Home Medical Supplies Distributor
7. Cardinal Health To Acquire AssuraMed, Leading Direct-To-Home Medical Supplies Distributor for $2.07 Billion
8. Cardinal Health Reports Fiscal 2013 Second-Quarter Results
9. STATEMENT OF CHAIRMAN AND CEO GEORGE BARRETT FORTUNE 21 CARDINAL HEALTH REGARDING FISCAL CLIFF
10. Suture Express Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Cardinal Health and Owens & Minor
11. Doug Zitnak of Upsher-Smith Laboratories Named Small Brand Manufacturer Representative of the Year By Cardinal Health