Numerous studies have shown that taking vitamins regularly can have a positive impact on health outcomes and today half of all Americans regularly take vitamins or other mineral supplements, with a solid majority of seniors (68 percent) reporting regular vitamin usage2. While vitamin usage remains a personal health decision that should be discussed with a pharmacist or physician, different people have different needs for specific nutrients. Customers looking for assistance can visit the Family Vitamin Center on CVS.com for the following:
- Shop by Goal: Often consumers have a specific, personal health goal in mind when considering taking vitamins and supplements, but they might not know the best options for supporting that goal. With the Family Vitamin Center, users can select from 16 health goals, including heart health, immune support, energy and alertness, probiotics and digestive care, sleep aids, and more. Within each condition, users see the vitamins and supplements that support this goal. For example, when searching by heart health, users can click on "Fish Oil & Omegas" to learn about these supplements are and how they are able to support heart health.
- Shop by Category: In some cases, consumers are looking for more information about specific vitamins or supplements they are considering or are already taking. With the Family Vitamin Center, users have the option to search by specific vitamins and supplements, and can easily see a summary of common uses, as well as detailed information on findings from recent studies or notes on possible drug interactions that should be considered further.
- Ship & Save: Users now have the option to join Ship & Save, a replenishment program that helps
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. CVS/pharmacy Mobile App Transforms Smartphones into Digital ExtraCare Cards
2. CVS/pharmacy Helping Customers in Stores and Online to Weather Hurricane Sandy
3. CVS/pharmacy Partners with the American Diabetes Association to Sponsor "A Day in the Life of Diabetes" for National Diabetes Month
4. CVS/pharmacy to Launch Flu Shot Donation Campaign Benefiting the USO During Week of Veterans Day
5. CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Continue to Support Communities Affected by Hurricane Sandy
6. CVS/pharmacy Making it Easier for Customers to Access Prescription Medications in Communities Affected by Hurricane Sandy
7. Savvy Shoppers Find One-Stop-Shopping for Holiday Decor and the Hottest Gifts This Year at CVS/pharmacy
8. CVS/pharmacy Launches Innovative New iPad App Featuring a 3D Virtual Store and Digital Pharmacy Experience
9. CVS/pharmacy Consumer Survey Finds Less than Half of Americans are More Likely to Get Vaccinated Following Last Seasons Flu Outbreak, But Many More Call getting a Flu Shot a "Social Responsibility"
10. Double Quarterly ExtraBucks is Back by Popular Demand: ExtraCare Members Can Earn Double This Fall at CVS/pharmacy
11. Beat the Rush & Avoid the Crowds with CVS/pharmacy Black Friday Sales Event