WOONSOCKET, R.I., Aug. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS) confirmed today that it has reached an agreement in principle with the staff of the Boston Regional Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to resolve an investigation by the SEC of certain events that occurred in 2009. This investigation, which CVS Caremark previously disclosed after it began in 2011, has focused on events that occurred in the third and fourth quarters of 2009, including certain public disclosures made by the Company, transactions in the Company's securities by certain current and former employees and certain aspects of the purchase accounting adjustment related to the October 2008 Longs Drug Stores acquisition. The agreement in principle was reached following extensive discussions with the SEC over the last several months. The settlement remains subject to completion of final documentation and approval by the Commission and federal court.
The settlement will be entered into by the Company on a "no admit or deny" basis and will resolve a number of alleged violations of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including certain anti-fraud provisions of those statutes. Under the terms of the agreement in principle, CVS Caremark will pay a $20 million civil penalty, which has been fully reserved in CVS Caremark's financial statements. The settlement will not require CVS Caremark to restate its earnings for any reporting period.
"We are pleased to be taking this important step to close the chapter on these matters from 2009 and look forward to resolving the SEC investigation in the near future," stated Thomas M. M
SOURCE CVS Caremark Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. CVS Caremark Corporation To Hold Second Quarter 2013 Conference Call
2. CVS Caremark in Partnership with Ocean Conservancy Cleans Up Nearly 25,000 Pounds of Trash from Shorelines across the Country
3. CVS Caremark Corporation Announces Quarterly Dividend
4. CVS Caremark To Present At William Blair & Companys 33rd Annual Growth Stock Conference
5. CVS Caremark Donates Over $750,000 to The One Fund Boston
6. CVS Caremark Reports Strong First Quarter Results
7. CVS Caremark Offers Advice on Proper Management, Storage and Disposal of Medications in Light of New Study on Teen Abuse of Prescription Drugs
8. Cardinal Health Will Continue To Supply Pharmaceuticals To CVS Caremark Corporation
9. CVS Caremark Industry-Leading Generic Dispensing Rate Reduces Client Traditional Drug Spend by 3.6 Percent for 2012
10. CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Supports Non-profits Nationwide with $2.6 Million in Funding
11. CVS Caremark Research Finds Medication Adherence Can Improve Outcomes and Reduce Costs for Patients with Coronary Artery Disease