CAMBRIDGE, Mass., July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Biomedical, Inc. this week celebrated the relocation of its headquarters to Cambridge, Massachusetts with a grand opening ceremony. Academic, business and government leaders, as well as executives from Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. (DSP), the parent company of BBI, joined the celebration.
"We are pleased to celebrate the opening of our new facility, which will greatly expand the efforts of the Boston Biomedical team in our quest for better therapies for cancer," said Dr. Chiang J. Li, M.D. FACP, the founder, president, and CEO of Boston Biomedical, Inc. "With this facility, and the support of DSP, we intend to make significant progress in translating exciting discoveries in cancer stem cell science into innovative therapeutics for cancer patients."
Boston Biomedical is focusing on developing the next generation of targeted cancer therapeutics, and is recognized as an industry leader in the creation of drugs designed to target cancer stem cells (CSC) which are highly malignant and considered to be fundamentally responsible for cancer growth, recurrence, drug-resistance and metastasis.
"Investing in education, innovation and infrastructure is a winning growth strategy for Massachusetts and is the reason we lead the world in life sciences," said Governor Deval Patrick. "We welcome Boston Biomedical's new facility in Cambridge and thank them for their commitment to growing and creating jobs here."
"We chose Cambridge as the location for Boston Biomedical's new headquarters to capitalize on the easy access to leading-edge scientific research and technology developed by the surrounding world-class universities and research institutes," said Mr. Masayo Tada'/>"/>
SOURCE Boston Biomedical, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Medical Device Developers - Network at BIOMEDevice Boston Next Week
2. Boston Scientific Announces CE Mark and European Launch of Emerge™ PTCA Dilatation Catheter
3. Boston Scientific and Philips Healthcare Announce Collaboration to Enhance Imaging Equipment Offering
4. Boston Scientific Announces Positive Data From Lotus™ Transcatheter Aortic Valve Trial
5. One-Year EVOLVE Trial Clinical Results Confirm Comparable Safety And Effectiveness Data Of The Boston Scientific SYNERGY™ Stent Versus PROMUS Element™ Platinum Chromium Stent
6. Boston Scientific Announces FDA Approval and U.S. Launch of EPIC™ Vascular Stent
7. Boston Scientific Endoscopy Presents Promising Clinical Data During Digestive Disease Week ®
8. Clean Room Environmental Best Practices for Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Manufacturers are Focus of Boston Seminar on June 6
9. Boston Scientific Increases Longevity Projections for Its U.S. Defibrillators
10. Boston Scientific Closes Cameron Health Acquisition
11. Cumberland Pharmaceuticals To Present At The 2012 Wells Fargo Securities Healthcare Conference In Boston