AMSTERDAM, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2nd Invitation to 17th Congress of EHA - European Hematology Association
The Board of the European Hematology Association (EHA) has the pleasure to cordially invite you, as a member of the press, to the 17th Congress of EHA.
More than 9,000 participants from around the world are expected at the upcoming Congress at the RAI Congress Center in Amsterdam from June 14-17, 2012.
About the EHA Annual Congress:
The 17th Congress of EHA will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Hematology is a specialty that covers everything that has to do with blood: its origin in the bone marrow, diseases (in the production) of blood and their treatments. The latest data on research and development within the wide spectrum of hematology are presented.
Press Briefing on key-topics:
The press briefing is organized on Friday June 15, 08:30 - 10:00 a.m., at the Amsterdam RAI, Room E102.
Three topics on malignant hematology will be addressed:
- Hodgkin Lymphoma focusing on reducing radiotherapy, while maintaining the highest possible cure rate.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: impressive results with a bispecific antibody in patients with refractory disease.
- How malignant cells in patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia escape the deadly T-cell attack.
Two presentations on benign hematology will deal with iron:
4. Iron overload in Thalassemia; heart problems accurately diagnosed in time with magnetic resonance imaging to prevent death.
5. Iron deficiency in women without anemia treated with iron, thus leading to a significant improvement of fatigue/quality of life.
A number of sessions in the Congress program are dedicated to more general health care issues:
- At the Patient Advocacy Session the topic "Quality of Life - do patients perceive Quality of Life the same way as you do?" will be discussed from different perspectives.
- In collaboration with the American Society of Hematology (ASH) a joint program has been designed about access to standard drugs and treatment in different geographical areas.
- The joint program with the European School of Haematology (ESH) is an interactive session on communication: What clinicians believe they said and what patients believe they heard.
The program of the 17th Congress can be found here
Registration for members of the press is free. To register online click here
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE European Hematology Association|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. National Jewish Health, the Nations Premier Respiratory Hospital, Announces Lung Cancer Screening Trial Using Blood Test and CT2
. Haemonetics Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Pall Corporations Blood Collection, Filtration and Processing Product Lines For $551 Million3
. U.S. FDA Clears Bayer HealthCares CONTOUR® Next EZ Blood Glucose Monitoring System4
. ThermoGenesis Announces AABB Accreditation for Cord Blood Products Customer in China5
. Masimo Announces "Better Care" Program - A Hospital Risk-Share Program for Blood Transfusion Related Cost Reduction with SpHb®, and $30 SpHb Sensor Price6
. Injectable Treatment for Blood Clots in Advanced Cancer Patients Increases, According to New Research7
. RemedyMD Announces Investigate Cell Therapy, a Revolutionary Research Management System for Blood and Marrow Transplant Centers8
. Boston IVF Pioneers Worlds First Needle-Free Saliva Test Used in Infertility Treatment; Patient Friendly Monitoring Replaces Daily Blood Tests9
. Canadas First National Public Cord Blood Bank Adopts ThermoGenesis BioArchive Cryopreservation System10
. First and Only Meter to Look for Patterns of High and Low Blood Sugar and Alert Diabetes Patients Right on Screen11
. Europe Patient Monitoring Market Outlook to 2017 - Fetal Monitors, Multiparameter Patient Monitoring, Neonatal Monitors, Non-Invasive Blood Pressure Monitors, Remote Patient Monitoring and Others