Ms. Hocevar has been an integral member of BioSurplus' business development team for more than a decade. As vice president, she takes the lead in strategic planning and developing partnerships with life science companies and universities.
Since 2011, Ms. Hocevar has actively volunteered with Women In Bio, helping to shape the national organization's programming and executive development leadership initiatives. Among those initiatives is Boardroom Ready, an executive-level certification program that graduated its first-ever cohort of 20 women in 2016. BioSurplus recently named Theresa Matkovits, Ph.D., who was part of the inaugural class, to its Board of Directors. Dr. Matkovits is Senior Vice President and Head of Drug Development at ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc.
"I am very proud to have been elected as President and Chair of Women In Bio," Ms. Hocevar said. "BioSurplus is a great company to work with, and I appreciate their continued support as I help Women In Bio provide women around the country with the resources and tools needed to succeed in this dynamic industry."
Founded in 2002, BioSurplus is America's preeminent buyer and reseller of preowned lab equipment. Customers can shop from anywhere using the BioSurplus online store, online auctions or at our two California showrooms. BioSurplus purchases late-model working lab instruments from labs that no longer need them, and then passes on the savings of repurposed equipment to its customers. BioSurplus team members are carefully chosen for their scientific experience and background to ensure the proper marketing, selling and handling of a wide range of specialized laboratory instruments. BioSurplus is dedicated to maximizing the value and use of laboratory equipment for both its buying and selling customers.
BioSurplus is headquartered in San Diego and has lab equipment showrooms and warehouses in San Diego and San Francisco. For more information, please visit us at www.BioSurplus.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biosurplus-executive-dawn-hocevar-elected-to-lead-influential-industry-organization-women-in-bio-300399330.html
Related medicine technology :
1. DxInsights Names Ethan K. Knowlden Executive Director
2. Hurel Corporation Appoints Leading Pharmaceutical Executive and Toxicologist Dr. James S. MacDonald to Board of Directors
3. Kepner-Tregoe, Inc. Promotes Chris Geraghty to Chief Executive Officer
4. Cannabis Science Appoints Clinical Development Expert, Dr. Dorothy Bray, as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Director, Focusing on CS-TATI-1 and Building Companys Drug Development Pipeline
5. Molly Fletcher to Speak at Astellas Presents Executive Womens Day at the FedEx St. Jude Classic
6. Mindray Announces Appointment of Three Members to Its Executive Team
7. CLUB DRUG CAUTIONARY: Dr. Jill Backfield, Addiction Specialist & Executive Director of New York Center for Living, Advises Parents of New Dangers of Mixing Marijuana & "Molly" (MDMA)
8. Molly Fletcher to Speak at Astellas Presents Executive Womens Day at the AT&T National
9. Dr. Helen Fisher to Speak at Astellas Presents Executive Womens Day at the Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship
10. Blue Sky BioServices Expands its Executive Team - Announces Appointment of Ted Marple as President and CEO
11. Hologic Appoints Jack W. Cumming President and Chief Executive Officer