CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Jan. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- New Product Planning (NPP) groups play a vital role in many of the new product development activities that set the stage for a successful launch. One of the areas of growing importance for NPP groups is medical affairs activities such as ad boards, and thought leader identification and education.
The Best Practices, LLC benchmarking report New Product Planning: Role and Activities for Medical Affairs provides a detailed examination of the timing and value of Medical Affairs activities.
Key chapters in this 50-slide report are:
The central challenge is to ensure that the right new products get developed efficiently—with minimum risk and maximum value—to allow senior management to make smart decisions confidently.
Reviews Key Patterns and Activities that drive the New Product Planning process
Pre-clinical through Phase II: NPP engages in a series of activities from Pre-Clinical through Phase 2 designed to determine the market fit and potential of identified candidates and to prepare for key activities, such as positioning and branding.
Phase III through Commercial Handoff: After Phase II, NPP activities are more focused as more clinical data becomes available and outputs are refined to support critical commercial activities and maximize the product's launch and lifecycle success.
This chapter also reviews the main Medical Affairs activities carried out during the development process - analysis provides drill down for each of these activities in terms of their timing, intended outcomes, and value for the org
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. New Research from Best Practices, LLC can Improve Formulary Access and Product Placement for Biopharma Companies: Managed Markets Market Research
2. As Biopharma Companies Reshape Sales Model, Most See Resetting Territory Size and Implementing Individualized Call Plans as First Steps Toward Change, According to New Research From Best Practices, LLC
3. New Research from Best Practices, LLC Helps Medical Device Companies Earn the Highest Profit Possible During Their Products Patent Lifecycle
4. Research from Best Practices, LLC Delivers Blueprint for Commercial Success of New Product Planning Groups
5. Best Practices, LLC Report on Post-Marketing Surveillance Programs Sheds Light on Gray Areas of Adverse Event Reporting
6. Best Practices, LLC Research Highlights Critical Role of Medical Marketing in New Product Launch Success
7. Best Practices, LLC Research Highlights Evolving Role of Market Research in Organizational Success
8. Research from Best Practices, LLC Delivers Effective Market Education Tactics and Strategies for New Oncology Products
9. The Multiple Myeloma Research Consortium (MMRC) and Proteolix Initiate Phase 2 Clinical Trial Investigating Carfilzomib for the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
10. Multiple Myeloma Research Consortium (MMRC) Partners with Novartis to Advance Phase II Study of Deacetylase Inhibitor
11. Lexicon to Present Research Results at American Chemical Society Meeting Regarding Target of LX1031 Drug Candidate