WHIPPANY, N.J., Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bayer HealthCare announced today that the company has signed a master agreement for the performance of clinical trials with the Houston-based University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The agreement aims to bolster ongoing and future collaborative clinical programs in oncology and bring new cancer treatments to patients. The growing oncology franchise of Bayer HealthCare explores specific treatment approaches for various tumors, including such common types of cancer as prostate, colorectal and breast cancer, as well as rarer forms like kidney, liver and thyroid cancer. MD Anderson Cancer Center ranks as one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention.
The two organizations, as part of the agreement, have formed a joint committee comprising clinicians and scientists from Bayer HealthCare's sites in Berlin, Germany and Whippany, New Jersey and from MD Anderson in Houston, Texas, to plan and conduct clinical trials with investigational anti-cancer agents developed by Bayer HealthCare.
"We are looking forward to collaborating with MD Anderson and believe the collaboration will help to bring promising new cancer treatments to patients," noted Professor Andreas Busch, Head of Global Drug Discovery and Member of the Executive Committee of Bayer HealthCare. "MD Anderson has outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention. The alliance is another significant step underlining our focus in oncology."
"We look forward to working with our Bayer HealthCare colleagues to translate scientific discoveries into novel cancer therapeutics," said Professor Aman Buzda
SOURCE Bayer HealthCare
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Bayer Employees Named Rising Stars by Healthcare Businesswomens Association
2. Regeneron and Bayer Announce Co-Promotion Agreement With Santen For EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection in Japan
3. Bayer Partnership Delivers Industry-First Dose Management Offering
4. Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day Highlights: Discover Financial Services, POSCO, AstraZeneca, Bayer and Takeda Pharmaceutical
5. U.S. FDA Grants Priority Review to the New Drug Application for Bayers Regorafenib to Treat Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
6. Bayer Submits New Drug Application for Regorafenib for the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
7. Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP and Douglas & London P.C. Announce Proposed Class Action Settlement in Bayer Combination Aspirin Products Litigation
8. MediSapiens sapprête à fournir à Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals une nouvelle application informatique en nuage pour analyser et visualiser les données génomiques multidimensionnelles
9. MediSapiens liefert neue Cloud-Computing-App zur Analyse und Visualisierung multidimensionaler Genomdaten an Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
10. MediSapiens to Provide Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals With a New Cloud Computing Application to Analyze and Visualize Multi-Dimensional Genomics Data
11. Bayers Second Annual Virtual Walk for Hemophilia Raises Funds, Generates Excitement in the Hemophilia Community