SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bay Area BioEconomy Initiative today announced that it has appointed Una Ryan, O.B.E., Ph.D.,D.Sc., as Chairwoman of the non-profit organization. The Bay Area BioEconomy Initiative is committed to fostering an atmosphere of innovation and providing the means to enhance a vibrant bioeconomy in the Bay Area.
"I am honored to lead this initiative to grow the Bay Area bioeconomy," said Dr. Ryan. "By bringing together our region's world-class academic research centers and medical centers, industry leaders, investors, and government and regulatory agencies, we can address some of the most critical challenges in healthcare and, ultimately, bring promising breakthroughs to patients more quickly and efficiently."
The Bay Area BioEconomy Initiative has established three strategic imperatives to improve human health, including increasing efficiency in clinical trials; accelerating the timeline of drug discovery, development and diagnosis in areas of significant unmet medical need; and expediting the implementation of innovative technological advances into the everyday practice of medicine.
"Dr. Ryan has a proven track record of establishing life science companies and building successful cross-sector collaborations focused on improving health through innovative solutions," said Tony Coles, M.D., Former Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. "As an industry leader and as an investor, her expertise makes her the ideal person to develop the Bay Area BioEconomy Initiative to establish multi-disciplinary collaborations, develop innovative funding approaches and increase engagement with government stakeholders."
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Herborium Announces Continuing Progress In Key Strategic Initiatives
2. Uroplasty Announces Product Development and New Clinical Trial Initiatives
3. Kansas City Region Launches Contract Research Initiative To Speed The Development Of Health Care Innovation Worldwide
4. BioDrain Medical, Inc. Implements Initiatives to Position Itself for Sustained Growth
5. QIAGEN Unveils Initiative to Create Next-Generation Sequencing Portfolio for use in Clinical Research and Molecular Diagnostics
6. Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau announces launch of Medical Meetings Initiative; recruits top leaders to Advisory Council
7. Hospira and Lancaster General Hospital Honored for Patient Safety Initiatives
8. ApolloMed ACO Selected To Participate In A Transformative New Initiative Sponsored by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
9. BioElectronics Corporation Announces Initiative for UK and German Markets
10. Duane Reade To Partner With Mission Electric On Green Transportation Initiative
11. China Health Resource Announces Go Global Initiative For New Product Introductions