Disclosure: In support of their research for or preparation of this work, one or more of the authors received, in any one year, outside funding or grants in excess of $10,000 from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases and the Office of Research on Women's Health, the National Institutes of Health, and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In addition, one or more of the authors or a member of his or her immediate family received, in any one year, payments or other benefits in excess of $10,000 or a commitment or agreement to provide such benefits from a commercial entity (Medtronic). Also, a commercial entity (Medtronic) paid or directed in any one year, or agreed to pay or direct, benefits in excess of $10,000 to a research fund, foundation, division, center, clinical practice, or other charitable or nonprofit organization with which one or more of the authors, or a member of his or her immediate family, is affiliated or associated.
SOURCE American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Endoscopy Identified as Safe and Effective Method in Treating Common Complication of Gastric Bypass Surgery
2. Use it or Lose it: A New Theory About Preserving Erectile Function After Prostate Surgery
3. Four Analyses of Three-Year Clinical Data Suggest CYPHER(R) Sirolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent May Provide Alternative to Surgery for Patients with Multivessel Disease
4. Study Shows Plasma-Derived Human Thrombin Equivalent to Bovine Thrombin in Achieving Hemostasis in Surgery
5. BD Announces FDA 510(K) Submission of Rapid Molecular Test to Identify Patients Carrying Staph Superbug Prior to Surgery
6. Spine Institute of Louisiana Offers Cervical Spine Motion Preservation as an Alternative to Fusion Surgery
7. Anesiva Initiates New Phase 2 Trial of Adlea(TM) for Pain Relief Following Knee Replacement Surgery
8. Avastin Achieves Impressive Rate of Curative Surgery in Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer
9. Taxotere(R) (docetaxel) Granted FDA Approval to Treat Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Prior to Chemoradiotherapy and Surgery
10. Anesiva Initiates Phase 2 Trial with Adlea(TM) for Pain Relief Following Total Hip Replacement Surgery
11. Surgery More Likely Than Angioplasty to Relieve Pain for Patients With Coronary Artery Disease