SPARKS, Md., April 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BD Diagnostics, a segment of BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), announced today an international distributor agreement with Bruker Daltonics Inc. to sell and provide front-line technical support for the co-labeled BD™ Bruker MALDI Biotyper™ System.
Microbial identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing is the end-point of the majority of work a microbiology lab performs on a daily basis and is very time consuming. The BD™ Bruker MALDI Biotyper™ System combined with automated antimicrobial susceptibility testing on the BD Phoenix™ Microbiology System and the BD EpiCenter™ Microbiology Data Management System, will facilitate a fully integrated, optimized approach for laboratory workflow.
"BD believes mass spectrometry technologies are the future of microbial identification," said Jamie Condie , Vice President and General Manager, BD Diagnostics – Diagnostic Systems, Infectious Disease. "Combining Bruker's expertise in this area with our advanced lab automation experience, the BD™ Bruker MALDI Biotyper™ System will enhance our customers' clinical decision making and laboratory workflow."
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing is conducted via traditional automated systems such as the BD Phoenix System. The combination of these two proven technologies, the BD Phoenix System and the Bruker MALDI Biotyper, and data management through the BD EpiCenter System, will provide laboratorians with a new approach to identification and susceptibility testing, which is expected to reduce the turnaround time for critical diagnostic results, while also improving laboratory efficiency and costs. Identification of pathogens will occur in minutes versus hours – directly impacting patient management.
The Bruker MALDI Biotyper is currently not available in the Un
SOURCE BD-Becton Dickinson
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Apnix Sleep Diagnostics Offering New Home Sleep Study Materials
2. LamdaGen Corporation Issued United States Patent for Diagnostics on Plasmonic-Based Nanosensors
3. Nipro Diagnostics Leverages Managed IT Services from JDL Technologies to Support Growth and Technological Innovation
4. 2013 Cancer Diagnostics Market Analysis: Cancer Testing Industry Growing Rapidly
5. Quest Diagnostics Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
6. Quest Diagnostics to Acquire Lab-Related Clinical Outreach Operations of Dignity Health in California and Nevada
7. Exosome Diagnostics Presents Data Demonstrating Clinical Applications of Exosome Technology in Brain Cancer, Prostate Cancer, and Alzheimers Disease at the International Society for Extracellular Vesicles 2013 Annual Meeting
8. Quest Diagnostics Completes Sale of HemoCue Business to Radiometer Medical ApS
9. Recreational Marijuana Users More Likely To Misuse Prescription Drugs, According to National Study by Quest Diagnostics
10. Penn Medicines New Center For Personalized Diagnostics Unlocks Cancers Secrets
11. Quest Diagnostics To Release First Quarter 2013 Financial Results On April 17