FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX) has declared a quarterly dividend of 54.5 cents per common share, an increase of 5 cents per share, or about 10 percent, from the previous quarter. The dividend will be payable on December 31, 2013 to holders of record on December 10, 2013. At the current rate, the annual dividend for fiscal year 2014 would be $2.18 per share.
"Our strategy of investing and innovating for growth is succeeding, and we look to the future with optimism," said Vincent A. Forlenza, Chairman, CEO and President. "This is the forty-second consecutive fiscal year in which we have raised our dividend. This increase reflects our confidence in our long-term outlook, as well as our ongoing commitment of returning value to our shareholders."
BD is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The Company is dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing research, discovery and production of new drugs and vaccines. BD's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world's most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs nearly 30,000 associates in more than 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public. For more information, please visit www.bd.com.
Monique N. Doleck
SOURCE BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Installs 2012-2013 Board of Directors
2. Angeion Selects Hendrik Struik for Board of Directors
3. University of Maryland BioPark Announces MedImmunes Dr. Bahija Jallal as Newest Member of Board of Directors for UM Health Sciences Research Park
4. The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Announces Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Gen-Probe Incorporated in Connection with the Sale of the Company to Hologic, Inc.
5. Novogen Board Approves US$4 Million Investment In Marshall Edwards Rights Offering
6. Young Innovations, Inc. Board Of Directors Declares Quarterly Dividend
7. Allscripts Adds Two Independent Directors to Board
8. Generex Announces New Members of Antigen Express Scientific Advisory Board for the AE37 Breast Cancer Vaccine
9. Accuray Appoints Richard Pettingill, LFACHE to Board of Directors
10. Generex Augments Antigen Express Scientific Advisory Board
11. Israel Makov Appointed Chairman of Sun Pharma Board