"We are pleased that Western Maryland Health System selected B.Braun's state-of-the-art Outlook 400ES Safety Infusion System and services," said Rachel Vitoux , Director of Sales, Clinical Services at B.Braun. "We are especially proud to provide our unique DoseTrac Infusion Safety Analysis Service to help staff interpret data, understand why trends are occurring, and implement process improvements to improve medication safety for their patients."
WMHS's new B.Braun Outlook® 400ES Safety Infusion System provides wireless access to real-time infusion data, enabling both nursing and pharmacy staff to monitor medication administration remotely from any point in the hospital. Pharmacy staff can supervise dosage and frequency of use per patient remotely, ensuring the proper handling of each medication. Additionally, WMHS's pharmacy has enhanced operational efficiencies by improving just-in-time ordering through the real-time view system feature.
"It was clear to us that B.Braun developed these pumps with patient safety and efficiency in mind, which helps give our clinicians the peace of mind to focus on our patients," said Karen Howsare, RN , MS, Director of Nursing at Western Maryland Regional Medical Center. "We know that these machines were designed for use by nurses, which made the changeover and training seamless for our medical center staff."
About Western Maryland Health System
The Western Maryland Health System (WMHS) in Cumberland provides a wide range of healthcare services along the continuum of care for residents in Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland and surrounding counties in West
SOURCE B. Braun Medical Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. B. Braun Joins National Health Organization Supporting Environmental Practices
2. Netsmarts Focus on Innovation to Help Health and Human Service Providers Span the Spectrum of Care in the Healthcare 3.0 Environment
3. JDRF Announces Research Collaboration with Dexcom, Inc. to Develop "Smart Transmitter" Technology to Accelerate Artificial Pancreas Studies
4. As Smartphone Usage Expands, Survey Says Nurses and Nursing Students Want Mobile Access to Credible Drug Data
5. CVS/pharmacy Mobile App Transforms Smartphones into Digital ExtraCare Cards
6. Study Confirms Daniels Sharpsmart Helps Hospitals Reduce Carbon Footprint
7. Polar Releases H7, a Preeminent Wireless Heart Rate Sensor with Bluetooth Smart
8. RxAlly Member Pharmacies Invited To Become The Preferred Network For Smart Insurance Company Holdings, Inc.
9. WorkSmart MD Announces Expansion of its Synergy Billing Division to Help Community Health Centers
10. iSoneas AsthmaSense Smartphone App Now Free
11. Study Examines Smart Pharma Strategies for Effective Messaging around New Products and the Medical Conditions they Treat