Arbor Pharmaceuticals will launch Nymalize in the next few months.
Nymalize (nimodipine) oral solution is indicated for the improvement of neurological outcome by reducing the incidence and severity of ischemic deficits in adult patients with SAH from ruptured intracranial berry aneurysms regardless of their post-ictus neurological condition (i.e., Hunt and Hess Grades I-V).
Important Safety Information About Nymalize
Blood pressure should be carefully monitored during treatment with Nymalize (nimodipine) oral solution. Nimodipine may increase the blood pressure lowering effect of concomitantly administered anti-hypertensives such as diuretics, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers, other calcium channel blockers, alpha-adrenergic blockers, PDE5 inhibitors, and alpha-methyldopa.
Patients with cirrhosis are at a higher risk of adverse reactions and should be monitored closely and administered a lower dose.
Concomitant use of strong inhibitors of CYP3A4 with nimodipine should generally be avoided due to risk of significant hypotension. These include some macrolide antibiotics (e.g. clarithromycin, telithromycin), some HIV protease inhibitors (e.g., indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir), some HCV protease inhibitors (e.g., boceprevir, telaprevir), some azole antimycotics (e.g., ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole), conivaptan, delaviridine, and nefazadone.
Concomitant use of strong CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifampin, St. John's
SOURCE Arbor Pharmaceuticals
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Gilead Sciences Supports HarborPaths HIV/AIDS Medication Assistance Pilot Program
2. Kalyspo Awarded Best of Ann Arbor SPARK Boot Camp
3. Developmental Disabilities Software announces Safe Harbor Self-Certification Compliance
4. Thom Rowland Joins Arbor Pharmaceuticals as Vice President of Commercial Operations
5. HarborPath Creates a Single Portal for Uninsured Individuals to Access HIV/AIDS Medications
6. Arbor Pharmaceuticals partners with the Association of Black Cardiologists to further the campaign of "Saving Hearts of a Diverse America"
7. Optimer Pharmaceuticals Appoints Eric Sirota as Chief Operating Officer
8. Valeant Pharmaceuticals To Webcast 2013 Annual Meeting Of Shareholders
9. Isis Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 2013 UBS Global Healthcare Conference
10. Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Notice of Patent Allowance for a Key Application
11. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. Announces Additional Information Regarding Continuance Proposal