JERSEY CITY, N.J., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Aoxing Pharmaceutical (NYSE Amex: AXN) ("Aoxing Pharma"), a specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on research, development, manufacturing and distribution of narcotic and pain-management products, announced that its operating subsidiary in China, Hebei Aoxing Pharmaceutical Group Company, has been granted a patent by the State Intellectual Property Office of The People's Republic of China for naloxone sublingual film. The Chinese patent, ZL2005.1.0125279.7, covers a unique sublingual film formulation of naloxone that can be dissolved rapidly under the tongue.
Naloxone is an opioid receptor antagonist that is used clinically to relieve life-threatening depression of the central nervous system and respiratory system, caused by overdose of morphine and other opioids. It may also be used as an adjunctive therapy to increase blood pressure in the treatment of septic shocks. It is most commonly injected intravenously for fastest action. Oral delivery is used in emergent care due to slow and poor absorption. However, injection is inconvenient and requires a nurse to administer it. The sublingual film developed by Aoxing Pharma can be dissolved in under 30 seconds and allows the drug to diffuse into the blood through tissues under the tongue. The rapid and more efficient absorption of the formulation makes it a convenient alternative to injection.
Mr. Zhenjiang Yue, Chairman and CEO of Aoxing Pharma, commented, "I would like to thank our research and development team for its dedication in driving forward this unique product, now proprietary to Aoxing. The convenient administration of naloxone could win critical time in emergency and save lives. We look forward to developing this new therapeutic delivery method for this important market."
About Aoxing P
SOURCE Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Biostar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Patent for Aoxing Ganbao
2. QRxPharma Limited and China Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company Announce Strategic Alliance for Development of MoxDuo(R)IV
3. Thomson Scientific Publishes The Ones to Watch - A Quarterly Review of Phase Changes in the Pharmaceutical Pipeline
4. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Clearance to Resume Clinical Trials for XIAFLEX(TM)
5. Vion Pharmaceuticals Completes Accrual of 85 Patients to its Pivotal Phase II Trial of Cloretazine(R) (VNP40101M) in Elderly AML
6. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Announce Receipt of an FDA Action Letter for Bifeprunox, an Investigational Treatment for Schizophrenia
7. DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc. Announces Successful Phase Ib Results for DOV 21,947
8. Callisto Pharmaceuticals Opens Additional Sites for Phase II Clinical Trial of Atiprimod in Advanced Carcinoid Cancer Patients
9. WallSt.net (www.wallst.net) Updates the Investment Community Through an All-New Interview With RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals CEO
10. Par Pharmaceutical Begins Shipment of Additional Dosage Strength of Generic TOPROL-XL(R)
11. Quark Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Presented Positive Preclinical Results of Systemic RNAi Compound for Acute Renal Failure (ARF)