KEY AMYLIN ACTIVITIES AT THE OBESITY SOCIETY MEETING
1. Invited symposium presentation: "Therapeutic Potential of Leptin in
General Obesity: A New, Integrated Neurohormonal Approach" will be
presented by Christian Weyer, MD, Vice President, Corporate
Development for Diabetes and Obesity at Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
as part of a symposium entitled "Leptin: From Bench to Bedside" on
Sunday, October 5 from 3:45-5:30 p.m. PT (6:45 p.m. ET). This
symposium is part of the conference's core scientific program.
2. Oral 64-OR: "Enhanced weight loss following pramlintide/metreleptin
combination treatment in overweight and obese subjects is accompanied
by improved control of eating" will be presented by Steve Smith, MD,
Sunday, October 5 at 11:45 a.m. PT (2:45 p.m. ET).
3. Poster 323-P: "Safety of 360 ug pramlintide BID treatment for up to 2
years" will be presented by Nicole Kesty, PhD, Saturday, October 4 at
5 p.m. PT (8 p.m. ET).
4. Poster 592-P: "Changes in weight and binge eating scale scores in
obese subjects treated with pramlintide as monotherapy and in
combination with oral weight loss agents" will be presented by Fulton
Velez, MD, Sunday, October 5 at 5:30 p.m. PT (8:30 p.m. ET).
5. Poster 205-P: "Effects of amylin/leptin lead-in on the weight-reducing
effects of amylin and/or leptin in diet-induced obese (DIO) rats" will
be presented by Chunli Lei, Saturday, October 4 at 5 p.m. PT
(8 p.m. ET).
6. Poster 651-P: "AC2307, an amylin mimetic, reduced 24-h food intake in
obese subjects without changing sub
|SOURCE Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved