Worldwide sales of Vectibix® (panitumumab) increased 20 percent to $79 million in the fourth quarter of 2010 as compared to $66 million in the fourth quarter of 2009. For the year, worldwide Vectibix sales were $288 million in 2010 versus $233 million in 2009, a 24 percent increase. These sales increases were driven principally by international demand.
Worldwide Nplate® (romiplostim) sales increased 59 percent to $65 million in the fourth quarter of 2010 versus $41 million in the fourth quarter of 2009. For the year, worldwide Nplate sales increased 108 percent to $229 million in 2010 versus $110 million in 2009. These sales increases were driven by an increase in worldwide demand.
Worldwide Prolia® (denosumab) sales in the fourth quarter and for the year were $20 million and $33 million, respectively, reflecting steady progress with physicians, patients and payers in the U.S. and internationally.
Following FDA approval of XGEVATM (denosumab) on Nov. 18, 2010, U.S. sales for the fourth quarter 2010 were $8 million.
Operating Expense Analysis on an Adjusted Basis:Cost of sales increased to 15.1 percent of sales for the fourth quarter of 2010 versus 14.3 percent of sales for the fourth quarter of 2009. This increase was driven primarily by higher inventory write-offs due to the voluntary ENBREL recall and by higher bulk material cost, partially offset by lower excess capacity charges and lower royalties.For 2010, cost of sales increased to 15.0 percent of sales versus 14.5 percent of sales in 2009. This increase was driven primarily by higher bulk material cost and higher inventory write-offs due to the voluntary EPOGEN, Procrit
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Amgen’s Third Quarter 2010 Revenue Unchanged at $3.8 Billion Versus Prior Year
2. Neurocrine Biosciences Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2007 Results
3. Sangamo BioSciences Reports 2007 Fourth Quarter and Year-End Financial Results
4. PLC Systems Reports Fourth Quarter 2007 Results
5. Memory Pharmaceuticals Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2007 Financial Results
6. Genta Incorporated Announces Fourth Quarter and Year End 2007 Financial Results and Corporate Highlights
7. GeoVax Labs, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2007 Financial Results
8. Novavax Reports Fourth Quarter and 2007 Year-End Financial Results
9. Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2007 Financial Results
10. Halozyme Therapeutics Announces Roche Begins Phase 1 Clinical Trial and Selects Fourth Exclusive Biologic Target
11. Human Genome Sciences Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2008 Financial Results and Key Developments