THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen is pleased to announce the nine science teachers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico who are this year's recipients of the Amgen Award for Science Teaching Excellence (AASTE). Now in its 21st year, the award recognizes extraordinary teachers at the kindergarten through 12th grade level who have an outstanding ability to inspire students and produce results in science education.
With a long-standing commitment to science education, Amgen established the teacher awards program to promote and encourage science teaching excellence in public and private schools. Since the program's inception in 1992, Amgen has awarded more than $3 million in cash awards and grants to educators in communities where Amgen operates who have made exceptional science-teaching contributions.
"At Amgen, we are keenly aware of the importance of inspiring and preparing the next generation of scientists," said Joseph P. Miletich, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president of Research and Development at Amgen. "We applaud each of the award recipients for their dedication to delivering quality science education to tomorrow's innovators."
In 2013, the Award for Science Teaching Excellence winners were honored at surprise presentations at their schools. The 2013 award recipients are:
Mary Murphy, The Urban School of San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif.
Laura Todis, Sierra High School, Fillmore, Calif.
Mark Paricio, Smoky Hill High School, Aurora, Colo.
Susan Buehner, Brandeis Elementary School, Louisville, Ky.'/>"/>
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Amgen Announces Top-Line Results Of Phase 3 Trebananib (AMG 386) TRINOVA-1 Trial In Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
2. Amgen Presents Positive Results From Talimogene Laherparepvec Phase 3 Study In Patients With Metastatic Melanoma
3. Amgen To Webcast Investor Meeting At Upcoming American Society Of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting
4. Amgen And Astellas Announce Japan Alliance
5. Amgen to Present at the Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Healthcare Conference
6. Amgen To Present At The UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
7. The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Genomic Health, Sanofi, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Amgen and Isis Pharmaceuticals
8. Amgen Highlights Data To Be Presented At American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting
9. Amgen, Hospira and Sandoz Named Among Top Pharmaceutical Companies with Greatest Biosimilar Drug Potential in United States
10. Amgen And Zhejiang Beta Pharma Announce Planned Joint Venture In China
11. Amgens First Quarter 2013 Revenues Increased 5 Percent To $4.2 Billion And Adjusted Earnings Per Share (EPS) Increased 22 Percent To $1.96