SALT LAKE CITY, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amedica Corporation, a spinal and reconstructive medical device manufacturer, announced today that Karl Farnsworth has been named Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on February 21, 2013.
Mr. Farnsworth brings more than 25 years of experience as a financial executive for growth-oriented, publicly traded companies in multiple industries. He most recently served as the Senior Vice President and Treasurer with Energy Solutions, Inc. where he led working capital initiatives generating more than $30 million of sustainable cash.
"Karl brings strong, strategic, financial, and management skills coupled with global investment experience to Amedica," said Eric K. Olson , President and Chief Executive Officer, Amedica. "The addition of Karl complements and strengthens our executive management team as we continue to develop innovative products that improve patient outcomes and lower long term healthcare costs."
Prior to joining Amedica, Mr. Farnsworth served as CFO for Alcan Products Corporation, part of Alcan Inc., which was acquired by Rio Tinto Corporation in 2007. While at Alcan Inc. he spearheaded significant capital investments for the expansion of Alcan's global reach in manufacturing and market penetration into China and Mexico. Also during his tenure at Alcan, he directed a $200 million cash generation initiative throughout Europe and North America. Additionally, Mr. Farnsworth was appointed and served as a Director on the following corporate boards: Alcan Cable (Canada), Inc.; Stabiloy De (Mexico'/>"/>
SOURCE Amedica Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Amedica Names Distinguished Health Care Industry Executive Jay M. Moyes To Board Of Directors
2. Amedica Announces Expansion Of Executive Team
3. Amedica Expands Patent Portfolio with Proprietary Silicon Nitride Total Disc Implant to Treat Neck and Back Pain
4. Winner Medicals Special Committee Appoints Independent Financial Advisor and Retains Legal Counsel
5. Pro-Dex, Inc. Appoints Michael J. Berthelot Chief Executive Officer
6. Nephros Appoints John C. Houghton as President and Chief Executive Officer
7. Elsevier Appoints New President of Elsevier CPM Resource Center
8. GenWay Biotech Appoints New Vice President of Custom/OEM
9. Angeion Appoints Matthew S. Margolies as Executive Vice President - Global Sales
10. Althea Technologies Appoints Dr. Kristin DeFife, Director, Biologics Manufacturing And Jack Wright, VP, Sales and Marketing
11. Oxford BioTherapeutics Appoints Senior Industry Leader to Head its New Clinical Development Operations in Basel, Switzerland