ATLANTA, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- AllMobilityScooters.com, the web's go-to resource for all things related to powered mobility, understands the unique and specially adjusted lifestyles the wheelchair bound live. To better serve its customers, the site is adding a blog written by and for members of the scooter-driven community.
When a person becomes dependent on an electric wheelchair or power scooter, their entire life changes. Everyday tasks that most people take for granted, like making breakfast or crossing the street, suddenly come with a host of additional difficulties and obstacles.
"We looked elsewhere on the Web for well-written, informative, interesting blogs oriented towards a mobility-assisted lifestyle, and found that there really aren't a lot out there right now," said Teck Wong, site manager. "This is a community that's underserved in the blogosphere, and a market that's been relatively untapped so far. It's a great opportunity for us and our readers."
The blog, named "Allmobility Advocate," will be primarily written by two writers who are intimately familiar with getting around in a power scooter or wheelchair.
- Reg Hardy is a 73 year old veteran with multiple sclerosis: "I've always lived an active lifestyle, but I was afraid I'd have to give that up a few years ago when I found out I'd have to use a scooter. I eventually found that I could maintain my lifestyle, even if I had to do things a little differently. Now, I want to share what I've learned with others in similar positions."
- Jenn McCambridge is a school teacher who specializes in teaching children with disabilities: "I think it is so important for individuals with physical disabilities to know that there are different resources out there to help provide support. As a teacher of students with orthopedic impairments, I know how important it is to be informed."
The blog will also include guest posts from others who are familiar with mobility assisted lifestyles, as well as authoritative sources in the healthcare and scooter industries. It also encourages community engagement and contribution.
All Mobility Scooters provides many web services, such as:
- Articles and stories concerning the latest news in the healthcare industry
- Information concerning all aspects of power scooter purchase, maintenance, repair, and safety
- Starting points for choosing and purchasing an electric wheelchair or scooter
For more information and to find special product offerings, join AllMobilityScooters.com by:
AllMobilityScooters.com (AMS) is a resource dedicated to providing information on mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs. They help consumers learn about the products that are right for them and how to obtain the mobility products they need. AllMobilityScooter.com provides access to high-quality rehab equipment, service, and support, to help patients achieve maximum mobility. For additional information, visit them at www.AllMobilityScooters.com
Media Contact: Erica Hawthorne, Response Mine, +1-404-475-0783, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Related medicine technology :1
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. AllMobilityScooters.com Simplifies Medicare2
. BioWorld Launches Enhanced Biopharma News Site with Data, Analysis3
. MGC Diagnostics Corporation Launches New Corporate Website and Unveils New Logo4
. Ranbaxy Launches Authorized Generic Of Pioglitazone In The U.S.5
. Express Scripts Launches Virtual Coaching To Help Patients Better Understand Therapy6
. The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of Masimo Corporation in Connection with Executive Compensation7
. Omnetics Launches Cable Design for Micro-wire Harnesses in Miniature Electronics8
. Elsevier Launches New Journal: Discourse, Context and Media9
. Mylan Launches Lithium Carbonate Extended-Release Tablets USP10
. Mylan Launches Commercial Operations in India, Starting with a Broad, Innovative Portfolio of ARV Products to Treat HIV/AIDS11
. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Launches Electronic Health Record (EHR) Learning Tool to Help Future Nurses Prepare for New Practice Requirements