"Ajinomoto is delighted and honored to have Althea, their talented management and employees join our group," commented Masatoshi Ito , President and CEO of Ajinomoto Co., Inc. "In combining Ajinomoto's experience in biotechnology, together with Althea's sophisticated technology, experienced personnel, and expertise in cGMP manufacturing, we aspire to expand our business for biopharmaceuticals manufacturing in the U.S. market and strengthen our advanced biomedical businesses."
The transaction is expected to close in early April 2013 at which point Althea will become a fully consolidated subsidiary of Ajinomoto Co., Inc. William Blair & Company, LLC served as financial advisor and Cooley LLP served as legal advisor to Althea Technologies in this transaction.
About Ajinomoto Co.
Ajinomoto Co. is a global manufacturer of high-quality seasonings, processed foods, beverages, amino acids, pharmaceuticals and specialty chemicals. For many decades Ajinomoto Co. has contributed to food culture and human health through wide-ranging application of amino acid technologies. Today, the company is becoming increasingly involved with solutions for improved food resources, human health and global sustainability. Founded in 1909 and now operating in 26 countries, Ajinomoto Co. had net sales of JYP 1,197.3 billion (USD 15.1 billion) in fiscal 2011. For more about Ajinomoto Co. (TYO: 2802), visit www.ajinomoto.com.
About Althea Technologies
Althea Technologies is a fully integrated, contract development and manufacturing organization located in
SOURCE Althea Technologies, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. Agrees To Acquire Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation For $44.00 Per Share In Cash
2. French Government Agrees to Fund Study of the PneumRx RePneu Lung Volume Reduction Coil
3. Sonendo Agrees To Terms For Up To $20 Million In Financing
4. Valeant Pharmaceuticals Agrees To Acquire AcneFree And Certain Assets From University Medical
5. Kensey Nash Agrees to Be Acquired by DSM for $38.50 per Share in Cash
6. Acquired Orphan Blood Diseases Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Search for Disease Modifying Drugs Central to Unlocking Premium Pricing Potential
7. PRA Acquires ClinStar
8. Endexx Acquires Medical Marijuana Management Technology
9. Royalty Pharma Announces Proposal To Acquire Elan
10. DSI Renal Acquires New Smyrna Beach Artificial Kidney Center
11. Henry Schein Acquires The Maddox Practice Group