AMSTERDAM and IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Agendia, an innovative molecular cancer diagnostics company and leader in personalized medicine, announced today that they will present five posters on genomic research studies in breast cancer at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2012 Breast Cancer Symposium. The meeting will be held from September 13-15, 2012 at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, California.
Agendia's Symphony™ suite of molecular diagnostic breast cancer tests, which have been available in an FFPE format since January of this year, enable physicians to determine whether a given breast cancer patient is likely to benefit from hormonal therapy, chemotherapy and targeted therapies, thereby providing benefits over existing treatment approaches for patients, physicians and payers.
Agendia's lead product, MammaPrint®, is the first and only diagnostic breast cancer recurrence test cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Agendia's product development pipeline includes a further extension of its breast cancer Symphony suite as well as similar molecular diagnostic products for colon cancer.
All of the abstracts listed below can currently be found online at www.ASCO.org. Presentation details are as follows (all times are in Pacific Time).
Thursday, September 13, 2012
1. Poster Presentation: Comparison of molecular (BluePrint+MammaPrint) and pathological subtypes for breast cancer among the first 800 patients from the EORTC 10041/BIG 3-04 (MINDACT) trial.
2. Poster Presentation and Discussion: Molecular subtyping using MammaPrint and BluePrint as an outcome predictor in U.S. breast cancer (BC) patients.
3. Poster Presentation and Discussion: Response and long-term outcomes after neo-adjuvant chemotherapy: Pooled dataset of patients stratified by molecular subtyping by MammaPrint and BluePrint.
4. Poster Presentation and Discussion: Central review of discordant samples for microarray based on ER, PR and HER2 and local IHC/FISH assessment worldwide from 827 patients.
5. Poster Presentation and Discussion: Gene expression panel (TheraPrint) analyzed as predictors of response to neo-adjuvant chemotherapy (NCT) in patients (pts) with stage II-III and inflammatory breast cancer (BC).
Agendia is a leading molecular diagnostic company that develops and markets genomic-based diagnostic products, which help support physicians with their complex treatment decisions. Agendia's breast cancer Symphony™ suite was developed using unbiased gene selection, analyzing the complete human genome, ensuring 100% definitive results for cancer patients. Symphony includes MammaPrint, the first and only FDA-cleared IVDMIA breast cancer recurrence assay, as well as BluePrint, a molecular subtyping assay, TargetPrint®, an ER/PR/HER2 expression assay, and TheraPrint®, an alternative therapy selection assay. Together, these tests help physicians determine a patient's individual risk for metastasis, which patients will benefit from chemo, hormonal, or combination therapy, and which patients do not require these treatments and can instead be treated with other less arduous and less costly methods.
In addition to the Symphony suite of tests, Agendia has a rich pipeline of genomic products in development. The company collaborates with pharmaceutical companies, leading cancer centers and academic groups to develop companion diagnostic tests in the area of oncology and is a critical partner in the ISPY-2 and MINDACT trials.
For more information, please visit www.agendia.com.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +1 646 442 2773
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved