NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (API), a biopharmaceutical company that develops innovative targeted payload immunotherapeutics, announced that Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center has become a clinical site for the Company's ongoing Phase I/II trial in newly diagnosed patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). The trial is designed to establish safety and efficacy of API's drug Actimab-A in AML patients over the age of 60. Actimab-A treatment consists of the isotope Actinium 225 attached to the anti-CD33 monoclonal antibody lintuzumab (HuM195).
"We are delighted that The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center joined our trial," said Dr. Dragan Cicic, CEO of Actinium Pharmaceuticals. "The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's participation adds another layer to the relationship between our company and this pre-eminent institution and from which we have recently in-licensed BC8, another radiolabeled antibody for treatment of hematologic malignancies, which allowed us to strengthen our product portfolio with a late stage product that has already been in more than 250 patients and continues its development in a number of active trials with impressive results."
Phase I/II multi-center Actimab study will build on the previous phase 1/2 Bismab-A study with a less potent bismuth-213 (Bi-213) isotope and an earlier Actimab-A phase 1 study (where only one dose was administered). The Phase 2 portion of the Bismab-A study demonstrated efficacy of API's alpha particle platform by producing a number of complete responses in difficult-to-treat relapsed, secondary and poor cytogenetics patients with no standard of care options available. The goal of the current study is to confirm efficacy and safety of Actimab-A, produced by an improved method of manufacture, and to study the effect of multiple doses of treatment. The population
SOURCE Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Actinium Pharmaceuticals Inc. Pays Regulatory Milestone to Abbott Biotherapeutics Corp.
2. Synergy Pharmaceuticals to Present Scientific Posters at the Upcoming Gastroenterology Society Meetings in the U.S. and Europe
3. Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc. to Webcast, Live, at RetailInvestorConferences.com on August 2nd
4. Nouveau Life Pharmaceuticals (NOUV) Releases Krill Oil to Support Healthy Cholesterol Levels and Reduce Inflammation
5. Kinex Pharmaceuticals Receives Substantial Strategic Investment
6. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
7. Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Reports On Clinical Program Status And 2012 Second Quarter Results
8. Consumers Choosing Organic Alternatives to Traditional Pharmaceuticals
9. Catherine Sohn Elected To Jazz Pharmaceuticals Board Of Directors
10. Stephen G. Austin, CPA Joins Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Board Of Directors
11. Jason Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Reaches Proposed Consent Agreement with FTC