BURLINGTON, Mass., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, finds that, despite its recent market entry, Johnson & Johnson/Janssen Biotech/Janssen Cilag's Zytiga has heavily penetrated surveyed EU5 (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) oncologists' second-line treatment of metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients who have received prior treatment with docetaxel. Uptake of Zytiga is especially high in France and the United Kingdom, where, on average, approximately half of respondents' second-line patients are prescribed Zytiga.
Among respondents in most countries, Sanofi's Jevtana is more commonly used in the third-line than the second-line setting, suggesting that second-to-market Zytiga is displacing Jevtana to later-line mCRPC. In support of this finding, most of those surveyed in all countries indicate that the recent launch of Zytiga will influence a shift in prescribing of Jevtana toward later-line mCRPC treatment in the next 12 months.
The new European Physician & Payer Forum report entitled The Dynamic Prostate Cancer Landscape: How Will European Payer and Prescriber Attitudes Shape This Competitive Market? finds that more than one-third of respondents in Germany and Spain believe Zytiga's launch will significantly influence a shift in Jevtana's prescribing, while almost one-quarter of those in It
SOURCE Decision Resources
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Handwritten Scripts Still Outpace E-Prescribing by More than 60 Percent, According to New Data
2. Food Recalls Hit Two-Year High in Fourth Quarter of 2012, According to Latest ExpertRECALL Index
3. Life Sciences Venture Capital Funding Drops 14% During 2012, According To The MoneyTree Report
4. Affluence, an Aging Population, and Anticipated Rx-to-OTC Switches Boost a Healthy $32 Billion OTC Market in China, According to Kline
5. Food Recalls Rise to Four a Day in Third Quarter, Reaching Highest Level of Activity in Eight Quarters, According to the ExpertRECALL Index
6. According to New Survey, Most Men are Not Proactive about Their Health Despite the Desire to Live Long Lives
7. European Market for Dental Instruments Surpasses $652 Million, According to New Market Research
8. Epigenomics Presents Significant Opportunities for Investment and Product Development, According to New Biotech Market Research
9. Over 123 Million Medical Device Units Recalled in Second Quarter of 2012, Reaching an Eight-Quarter High, According to the ExpertRECALL Index
10. Latest Drug Sales Data: Loss of Patent Protection Has Significant Effect, According to Drugs.com
11. Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits Pick Up Momentum, According To Pulaski & Middleman, LLC