ASPIRE IRB's 10 Ways to Protect Participants' Rights and Maximize
Results for Clinical Research
1) Participants can decide not to participate in the research study with
NO penalty or loss of benefits any time.
2) Participants can ask any questions that occur before, during or after
3) Be Informed. Get a copy of the consent form, the main source of
information for the study.
4) Ask the principal investigator as many questions as needed to
understand the trial.
5) No legal rights are waived by signing a consent form.
6) Ethical and legal codes governing medical practices apply to clinical
7) Be prompt to all scheduled appointments.
8) Call the research facility if there is a reaction to a drug or device
9) Follow the study related instructions that are given to you.
10) Certain studies may expect more visits than regular care. This may
About ASPIRE IRB http://www.aspire-irb.com
ASPIRE IRB is a privately owned certified Women's Business Enterprise
headquartered in San Diego, CA. They oversee clinical research studies.
They review and approve any research involving human participants with the
aim to protect their rights and welfare. Their goal is to make sure the
protocol is well-designed and the risks are as minimal as possible. ASPIRE
has overseen clinical drug trials for Cancer, Psoriasis, Schizophrenia,
Depression, Multiple Sclerosis, Pain, Obesity, Dermatology, Heart Disease,
Diabetes, Hyperactivity, Alzheimer's Disease, Sleep Disorders, Garlic,
supplements and more. Clients include: Pfizer, Covance, PPD, Takeda,
Sanofi-Aventis, Wyeth, Charles River, MRA and
|SOURCE ASPIRE IRB|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved