Christian Itin , PhD, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Cytos, commented, "We are very pleased with the fruitful collaboration which has led to the clinical start of this novel influenza vaccine. This is an important milestone for the program and the first clinical program using Cytos' B-cell vaccine platform for a prophylactic vaccine against an infectious disease."
Professor Alex Matter , Chief Executive Officer of D3 (Drug Discovery and Development) and A*STAR's Experimental Therapeutics Centre (ETC) said, "If this VLP-vaccine strategy proves to be effective, it can accelerate the production of vaccines against new emerging strains of flu. This will greatly aid Singapore's preparedness to produce vaccines quickly, safely and economically in theevent of a flu epidemic.This could potentially open doors for faster production of vaccines to a range of viral diseases as well."
1. http://www.a-star.edu.sg/Portals/0/media/Press%20Release/20100715_ASTAR-Cytos%20flu%20vaccine.pdf [http://www.a-star.edu.sg/Portals/0/media/Press Release/20100715_ASTAR-Cytos flu vaccine.pdf ]
A*STAR's Experimental Therapeutics Centre (ETC) was the primary driver of the multi-institutional effort culminating in the start of the clinical development program, which involved academic and clinical partners across Singapore
SOURCE Cytos Biotechnology Ltd
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Tornado Medical Systems And A*STARs Institute Of Microelectronics Partner To Commercialise Nanospectrometers For Optical Coherence Tomography Applications
2. GlaxoSmithKline and A*STARs Institute of Chemical Engineering and Sciences to Develop new Medicines for Emerging Markets
3. Cytos Biotechnology Ltd Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results, Recent Development and Outlook
4. CytoSorbents Receives Approximately $400,000 in Non-Dilutive Capital from the Sale of Net Operating Loss Carryovers
5. Cytos VLP Platform is Basis for Phase 1 Clinical Trial with Anti-IgE Vaccine
6. Industry Veteran Brings Sales Expertise to AlloSources Growing Distribution Network
7. Cardinal Health Brings Resolution to Litigation with DEA Settlement
8. CASiGEN Pharma Receives A World-wide Exclusive License From GIBH To Bring New Potential Diabetes Treatments To The Global Market
9. Clinical Site Services Is Bringing 3x More Patient Enrollment to the 48th Annual DIA Meeting
10. Vocollect Healthcare Systems And Prime Care Technologies Bring AccuNurse Key Performance Metrics To Long-Term Care Providers Via primeVIEW Digital Dashboard
11. Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc. (HDL, Inc.) Brings Advanced Testing to Capitol Hill, Discusses Health Care Cost Savings and Quality Improvement Potential