SINGAPORE and ZURICH, May 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Singapore's Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and Switzerland's Cytos Biotechnology AG today announced that the first healthy volunteer has been dosed in a Phase 1 clinical trial with their H1N1 influenza vaccine candidate based on Cytos' proprietary bacteriophage Qbeta virus-like particle (VLP) technology. In this first Phase 1 clinical trial, the safety and immunogenicity of this novel vaccine candidate and its potential to protect against H1N1 influenza infection will be evaluated.
A*STAR is developing the vaccine candidate under a collaborative research, development and commercialization agreement entered into with Cytos in 2010, with the goal of providing the government of Singapore an effective means of combatting influenza epidemics and pandemics. Under the agreement, Cytos retains the worldwide right to develop and commercialize the vaccine candidate globally, while A*STAR subsidiaries will have the right to develop and commercialize the vaccine for Singapore and other ASEAN countries and can earn royalties on worldwide net sales.
Mr Lim Chuan Poh , Chairman of A*STAR and Co-Chair of the Biomedical Sciences Executive Committee in Singapore said, "This is the first time Singapore is attempting to make its own flu vaccine. In the wake of the recent H7N9 bird flu outbreak, it is timely that A*STAR is bringing Singapore's first H1N1 flu vaccine into Phase 1 clinical trial. This different approach of making flu vaccines will better respond to the needs of a flu outbreak. I am pleased that the collaboration with Cytos is making a meaningful contribution to Singapore's'/>"/>
SOURCE Cytos Biotechnology Ltd
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Tornado Medical Systems And A*STARs Institute Of Microelectronics Partner To Commercialise Nanospectrometers For Optical Coherence Tomography Applications
2. GlaxoSmithKline and A*STARs Institute of Chemical Engineering and Sciences to Develop new Medicines for Emerging Markets
3. Cytos Biotechnology Ltd Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results, Recent Development and Outlook
4. CytoSorbents Receives Approximately $400,000 in Non-Dilutive Capital from the Sale of Net Operating Loss Carryovers
5. Cytos VLP Platform is Basis for Phase 1 Clinical Trial with Anti-IgE Vaccine
6. Industry Veteran Brings Sales Expertise to AlloSources Growing Distribution Network
7. Cardinal Health Brings Resolution to Litigation with DEA Settlement
8. CASiGEN Pharma Receives A World-wide Exclusive License From GIBH To Bring New Potential Diabetes Treatments To The Global Market
9. Clinical Site Services Is Bringing 3x More Patient Enrollment to the 48th Annual DIA Meeting
10. Vocollect Healthcare Systems And Prime Care Technologies Bring AccuNurse Key Performance Metrics To Long-Term Care Providers Via primeVIEW Digital Dashboard
11. Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc. (HDL, Inc.) Brings Advanced Testing to Capitol Hill, Discusses Health Care Cost Savings and Quality Improvement Potential