Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, President of India greeted the teachers by saying that we have to remember Dr. S. Radhakrishnan’s words that ‘teachers should be the best minds in the country’.// He emphasized that teachers are builders of our society and creators of enlightened citizens in the country. Dr. Kalam preferred a 10 Point oath for teachers on Teachers Day as follows:
1. First and foremost, I will love teaching. Teaching will be my soul. Teaching will be my life's mission.
2. I realize by being a teacher, I am making an important contribution to the efforts of national development.
3. I realize that I am responsible for shaping not just students but ignited youth who are the most powerful resource under the earth, on the earth and above the earth.
4. I will consider myself to be a great teacher only when I am capable of elevating the average student to the high performance and when no student is left out as a non-performer.
5. I will organize and conduct my life, in such a way that my life itself is a message for my students.
6. I will encourage my students to ask questions and to seek answers in order to develop the spirit of enquiry, and they blossom into creative enlightened citizens.
7. I will treat all the students equally and will not support any differentiation on account of religion, community or language.
8. I will continuously build my own capacities in teaching so that I can impart quality education to my students.
9. I will constantly endeavour to fill my mind, with great thoughts and spread the nobility in thinking and action among my students.
10. I will always celebrate the success of my students.
Shri Arjun Singh in his address said that teachers in our country are builders of future of the country. The teachers inculcate the quality in the students which make the students the enlightened citizen of the country. He
said that we fondly remember our President and his resolve to make India a developed country. Today only we dedicated the UGC-CEC Edusat network to the nation and inaugurated the launch of expansion of network in North-Eastern Region. This project was started in 1975 by Smt. Indira Gandhi. We are in a position today that we can disseminate education to the masses to the far flung areas of the North Eastern Regions and also receive their feedback sitting in Delhi. The HRD Minister further elaborated that we have taken several initiatives to ensure that the education is made available to all. The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan has proved effective and has reduced the school drop-out rate whereas the Mid-Day Meal Scheme has ensured the participation of children in the education movement.
Shri Arjun Singh said that we have taken a conscious decision to open new schools in the areas which are SCs, STs, OBCs and minorities’ majority areas. ‘This is our effort to reduce disparity’, he said. In our country there are privileged people who have access to best of education and there are deprived sections of society who do not have such access. These two things can not go together. We have, therefore, amended the Constitution through Parliament and in this way we are preparing for India as the future developed nation. Our President wishes to make India a developed Nation while maintaining the quality in education. We would also like to contribute as much as possible to ensure this in our country.
During the function 313 teachers were given away awards, which include 77 lady teachers, 8 Sanskrit teachers, 3 Arabic/Persian Teachers and 14 teachers for promoting education of children with disabilities in integrated/inclusive education in schools. The awards carry a medal, certificate and Rs. 25000/- as cash award.
Shri M.A.A. Fatmi, MOS, HRD, Smt. D. Purandeswari, MOS, HRD and Secretary, School Education & Literacy also graced the occasion.
Related medicine news :1
. Knowledge Of Asthma For Teachers Can Help Children2
. Shouting Teachers Developing Dry Throats3
. Teachers not comfortable in giving sex education: PU Study4
. Students to Evaluate the Performance of Teachers5
. British Teachers Concerned About Primary School kid’s Sexual Behavio6
. First Aid Training for Allergies a Must for Teachers7
. Norwalk Bug Takes 260 Students and Some Teachers for a Ride!8
. Medical Teachers Retirement Age Increased9
. Computerized Attendance to Check Late Coming Teachers10
. President Bush Urges Citizens to Invest In Health Savings Account (HSAs)11
. Pet Project: Lifestyle Touch Ups for Senior Citizens and Their Beloved Pets