ernment has announced and demonstrated its policy to compensate poultry farmers for the poultry killed in operations.
13. High Security Animal Disease Laboratory (HSADL), Bhopal is stocked with required reagents.
14. A project of Rs. 134.78 crores for preparedness, control and containment of Avian Influenza (AI) has been approved which will obtain World Bank funding.
15. Information, Education, Communication campaigns have been carried out jointly by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and this Department in print and electronic media.
16. An exercise has been initiated in collaboration with UNIFEF and Wetlands International to develop vulnerability mapping depicting areas under threat of AI for use as a planning tool.
17. A system has been put in place since 2004 to ban imports from countries reporting Avian Influenza.
18. In view of the outbreak in the neighboring countries, the following measures have been taken:-
a. Ban on import of all livestock, products related to poultry and swine from the affected countries.
b. Border States of Pakistan, Myanmar and Bangladesh have been alerted.
c. States have been advised to increase surveillance, especially around water bodies; advise farmers to keep poultry indoors; prevent intermingling of poultry with other species; report unusual mortality immediately; intensify vigilance across border to prevent trade especially illegal in restricted items.
d. Border security forces and customs field formations have been alerted.
e. Information, Education, Communication campaign has been stepped up in bordering States.
This information was given in the Rajya Sabha today by the Minister of State for Agriculture, Shri Taslimuddin in a written reply.
Source-PIB/LPage: 1 2 3 Related medicine news :1
. Steps To Improve Quality Of Plant-Based Drugs 2
. Few Simple Steps to Lower The Incidence Of SIDS3
. Simple Steps To Help Fight Asthma4
. WHO Steps Up To Create A Public Awareness About The Consequences Of Exposure To Radon5
. Initial Steps In Spread Of Cancer Identified6
. Steps Taken To Maintain Inflation Rates Says Chidambaram7
. Government Takes Steps to Reduce Binge Drinking Among Britons8
. Its High Time the Australian Government Takes Steps against Diabetes9
. Medicos In Punjab, Haryana Contemplating Drastic Steps10
. MCD Takes Steps To Prevent, Control Dengue11
. Urgent Steps Should Be Taken To Clear MMR Vaccine-Autism Link