Christopher "Pascal" Norris died in July. The cause of his death was diagnosed to be from anthrax.// Mr. Norris was an instrument maker and made African drums, and it is assumed that he could have contracted the disease from imported leather.
Anthrax is caused by bacterium Bacillus anthracis and commonly occurs in animals such as cattle, sheep and goats but humans exposed to infected animals can also be affected.
Mr. Norris’s Black Lodge home and workshop were sealed and samples were collected for testing for Anthrax spores.
The investigation had gone on for the past four months and NHS Borders has confirmed that no traces of anthrax have been found at his home but minute traces of anthrax have been found in other properties, Smailholm Village Hall, near Kelso, and a workshop in Northumberland.
These places will be decontaminated in early 2007.
Dr Andrew Riley, the director of public health at NHS Borders, said: "It is important to point out that investigations are ongoing and we are co-operating fully with the procurator-fiscal.
"It is important to point out that investigations are ongoing and we are co-operating fully with the procurator fiscal and when enquiries are complete, a full incident report will be produced," he said.
PRIPage: 1 Related medicine news :1
. King Island Water Certified Potable