* Encouraging the women of member groups to take political action to defend their sexual and reproductive health and rights from a perspective of gender equity and human rights.
Issues concerned with the 'Call For Action' include:
* The persistence of high rates of maternal death in recent decades, which often are related to a general worsening of women's health status, to gender discrimination, to higher levels of poverty affecting women and to crises in health systems.
* The criminalization of abortion, the imprisonment of women who have had abortions and the strengthening of fundamentalist discourses against freedom of reproductive choice.
* Restricted access to essential sexual and reproductive health services due to a decrease in donor funding as a result of ideological pressure.
* The lack of public policies sensitive to gender equity in health and establishment of barriers that hinder the formulation of such policies by fundamentalist sectors.
* The absence of laws within countries that legally recognize sexual and reproductive rights and guarantee that all individuals may exercise these rights free from discrimination.
Modus operandi of the 'Call For Action' entail the following:
* Informing and raising public awareness through acts, marches, street events, etc.
* Actions of denunciation (press conference, actions with the media, petitions)
* Research (production of knowledge)- Exchange of knowledge and skills through workshops, training sessions, etc., targeted towards health professionals, police officers, teachers, students, other women's NGOs, community leaders, etc.
* Lobbying of public decision-makers and lawmakers.
It has also been decided that member groups who take part in this three-year campaign (2007-2009) will monitor the pubPage: 1 2 3 4 Related medicine news :1
. International community warns India on HIV situation2
. Key step forward on International Health Rules3
. ICMR along with other International Research organisation with drug development for Neglected Diseases
. International Osteoporosis Research Centre To Be Started In India.5
. Indian hospitals require International Accreditation6
. International Conference On Malaria - Laveran To Genomics7
. Delhi To Host International Women’s Congress From Nov 28
. International conference on Ayurveda to be held on Kerala 9
. International Teleradiology: The Future Of Radiologic Diagnosis10
. John Mendelsohn M.D, chosen for an International Award11
. Thailand To Procure Botulism Antitoxin Internationally